Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

02-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yesterday, I was editing menu footage for my X-MEN DVD collection, and as usual, I was listening to my MP3 collection on my other computer to help pass the time. Then something odd happened, and the music and the imagery started to tell a story. I was listening to the anti-war Green Day song "Holiday" while editing the X-MEN episode "One Man's Worth" (an apocalyptic war storyline).

See it here (right click, save as, download to your computer before viewing, XVID codec required, 25MB file)
http://www.tvpreservation.com/lstoon...DayHoliday.avi
I also suggest you view the video at 100-150% normal size. It will be blocky if you try to view fullscreen. I dont have enough server space for larger files, nor will most people want to download a 50MB version.

The high-res version will be added to the bonus 13th disc on my X-MEN set.

Since 2000, I've wanted to make my own cartoon/anime music video. I've seen several good ones, and in fact fan-made music videos are what got me interested in several anime shows. My problem was that I never had a good idea, I was not inspired. That all changed yesterday.

I'm really happy with how this turned out. Please let me know what you think. Feel free to share the AVI file link with friends, and get their feedback.

Tech notes: In case you're wondering what tools I used, the video was captured on a JVC DVD recorder, and clips edited out in Womble MPEG-VCR. The video was IVTC/odd-adaptive deinterlaced in TMPGenc, and then converted to raw AVI in Procoder. I edited and arranged the AVI files in Premiere. Some audio tweaking was done in SoundForge, and the image mattes (like the one bearing my name at the end of the file) were created in Photoshop.

02-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I think its great but you heard that this morning when I saw what you had just finished. I really like the part when Greenday speaks, the images flow so well
  02-09-2006, 08:58 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
that's what you get for staying up late .. alot of CRAAAAZY ideas ,... lol
  02-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Cool, like the darkside of OZ. Or deliverance sync up with Charlie brown. Just be cafeful what you experiement with Stay away from the shrooms
  03-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I've updated the link to the new location, in case anybody tried to view it and got a dead link.
  03-12-2006, 06:14 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
Wow, made in a day, I'm quite amazed. Although, I completely missed the linear storyline, if there was one, and that it was just what it was...a music video. But I must say, this is really good. From what I saw, you didn't use any fade effects--that's a rare in a music video, you sort of jumped right into sententials at the end, and well, it's not anime, lol. We all know animemusicvideos are popular, but rarely ever cartoons.
One thing that really got me though, at the end for me of the video end where you had the random image-splices together, what I would've done was have all that effect but have it only for about 3 second before the guitar fades one, and have an image fading out (most likely what the story was about) and then let the story end. (if I had an idea what the story was about, I would've had some scene of that episode that said something)...but that's just my opinion personally...
I'm an x-creator, so I'm dumb, lol