Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-17-2005, 01:30 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Several online sources are stating that Batman Begins will get a DVD release on October 17th. Wow, that's a mere four months after it's released in theatres. I bet Lucas will try to get Episode 3 out on DVD the week prior lol.

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  06-17-2005, 02:01 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 8 posts since Jun 2005
I just seen it in theaters and I have to say, his batman is better then ALL 4 of the old batman movies combined!
The only thing that i didn't like was Kate homes she is ugly on screen as well as her "acting"
P.s watch out for the Joker at the end
  06-17-2005, 02:11 PM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DaveBrotiman

P.s watch out for the Joker at the end
I loved it so much I decided to collect the freaking toys lol

I loved batman's line "I'll look into it." So it looks like Joker will be the next villian, cool

Atleast each of these movies isn't ending with a decicive ending like the others, I mean 90 percent of the villians don't get captured. It leave room for more stories. I just hope to everything that is decent they do not make the Riddler a smarmy joke ladden buffon played by Jim Carrey again

Brent

06-18-2005, 02:04 AM

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I, myself, couldnt care less. I HATED the movie! They spent WAY too much time with the Qui-Gon Jinn stuff in the first hour and a half and not enough REAL substance...all that stuff we have seen in any BAD kungfu movie. The fight scenes were horribly done..you were so close to the action you could have smelled Batman's breath..they were done the typical way Hollywood covers up an actor's lack of fighting skills. Katie Holmes was useless..and the Scarecrow was WEAK!!! By this interpretation, Ra's Al Ghul caused Batman's "creation"...give me a BREAK! I hope the inevitable sequel is MUCH better. Bring back Joel Schumacher!!!!(NOT!!!)
  06-21-2005, 07:08 PM

Verified Member

Bad News For Katie Holmes...

Well even though one part of her life is going well, another
part is hitting a bumpy road. Just as Katie Holmes gets engaged
to the biggest star in Hollywood, she gets dealt some bad news.

Warner Brothers revealed they’re dropping her from the 'Batman
Begins' sequel, despite keeping all the other key characters,
Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman.

Word is Warner is annoyed that her engagement to Tom Cruise took
media attention away from the film.

A source says, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's
strength
is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman... She
won't be in the sequel. The next romantic interest will be a
much
stronger actress."

06-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I normally don't care about the personal side of Hollywood crap, but that's too funny. Haven't seen the movie yet myself (hard to schedule movies with a 2 year old running around) but I have to believe no matter how bad, it's better than the Joel Schumacher films.
  06-24-2005, 12:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I am plannning on taking my 8 year old to see it, hopefully this weekend. It looks quite promising.
  06-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Saw it last night, and loved it. I could watch Christian Bale read the phone book (although I have no desire to see American Psycho), but I also thought the rest of the cast - with the exception of Holmes, whom I do actually like in some roles - was great. Loved Gary Oldman - nice to see him playing a nice guy for once. And his reaction to being able to play with the Batmobile! Too cute. And I thought Cillian Murphy was chilling as Scarecrow (not familiar with the comic character, so I can't compare).

Of course, after over 13 years of working in the public sector engineering and construction field, I was automatically tallying up the infrastructure repair costs as stuff got whacked ... :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yeah, it's funny that Batman probably did more damage to the city that all the bad guys combined!
  06-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
If its gonna be The Joker next, why no have Mark Hamill play that role. after all he is the voice of the Joker.
Thankx

Billy
  06-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Verified Member

This is a big topic of conversation on the IMDB forum on Batman Begins. I would love to see Hamill play Joker. I never liked Nicholson's (I don't like Nicholson, period). People who've never seen Hamill's television work don't realize that he really does have the acting chops to take on a character like that. Most of the shows he appeared in pre-Star Wars aren't in syndication right now. I suspect Joker will be a challenging role in the next film, and I believe Hamill could pull it off.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-25-2005, 11:25 AM

Verified Member

Whomever it is I DO NOT want it to be George McFly/Willard UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent

06-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Mark Hamill played THE TRICKSTER in THE FLASH tv series. That's actually where he first did that "joker voice" on tv (at least that I'm aware of). If anybody likes Mark Hamill, you really need to see THE FLASH series, or at least the eps when he appears.
  06-25-2005, 01:49 PM

Verified Member

Oh I loved him as the TRICKSTER people are now saying he is too old to be able to play the Joker in a on-screen role. I don't think so. I believe he could pull it off greatly, especially since we would see the Joker right away with make-up. I mean there could be a blurry/shadowed flashback scene of him prior to being the Joker. But its already established he is the Clown Prince of Crime, by leaving his calling card and robbing banks. I hope Mark gets the job

Brent

06-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Verified Member

As I recall, he lobbied the producers to cast him in The Flash, and he was brilliant. His performance drew a lot of positive attention to the series. Great series. I hope to one day transfer my original off-air Beta tapes of the show - they've held up very well indeed.

Like Bill Mumy, Hamill's a huge comic and SF fan. I remember hearing that the way he got cast for Star Wars was he asked his agent to put him up for a part so he could get on the set to see the film being made ... I could totally see him having a blast as Joker, and taking us along for the ride.
  06-25-2005, 02:13 PM

Verified Member

Even if they used another actor for the Joker but had him to the voice work that would be awesome, as the Joker is make-up clad anyways if they didn't want to have Mark on-screen for whatever reasons. I could see him as Joker though

Brent

06-25-2005, 02:41 PM

No way will Hamill be the Joker in the sequel. He IS too old for the role. I can see it now...we have Bruce Wayne basically starting out as Batman and the Joker nearing retirement age. In the comics, the Joker is older than Batman but I dont see it happening that way with the current timeline they are using. The age difference would be too far off. I mean, I love Hamill's work too and he's a pretty decent guy in person but the studio is just going to go with a younger guy.
  06-25-2005, 02:48 PM

Verified Member

Then he could easily do the voice, have another actor play the Joker but have Hamill's voice dubbed over It could work

In the teaser trailers it could be glimpses of Batman and then fade to black with Hamill's Joker laugh that would be so awesome

Brent

07-30-2005, 11:40 AM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Finally got time to see the film today;my wife had a catering job at the university so I didn't have to take her along. Have you ever noticed that when you are dating a girl they all say they hate the Lifetime and the OXygen channel, but once you get settled that is all they watch in regards to shows and movies- BORING!!!

Sorry Tekken, your all wet in regards of your review of the show. I liked the fight scenes could have been a little bit better (what do you expect Liam Nelson is all voice) but compared to the last three it was heads and hands above the others. I look forward to the sequel.

Tomorrow mantinee-Fantastic Four (Jessica-hhmmmm I think she wants me- (to drop dead!)!!!
  07-31-2005, 06:17 AM

Jessica Alba isnt the only person to want you to drop dead!!You know who the others are!! LOL The fight scenes probably did look good to an old, slowmoving fart like you. I hated the movie and refuse to scar my retinas by watching it on dvd!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

Finally got time to see the film today;my wife had a catering job at the university so I didn't have to take her along. Have you ever noticed that when you are dating a girl they all say they hate the Lifetime and the OXygen channel, but once you get settled that is all they watch in regards to shows and movies- BORING!!!

Sorry Tekken, your all wet in regards of your review of the show. I liked the fight scenes could have been a little bit better (what do you expect Liam Nelson is all voice) but compared to the last three it was heads and hands above the others. I look forward to the sequel.

Tomorrow mantinee-Fantastic Four (Jessica-hhmmmm I think she wants me- (to drop dead!)!!!