Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-29-2006, 03:02 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Copied from the neo magazine UK -

"Okay, so naruto is being released - but how and who by? at the moment, three companies in the uk are working on the series. Jetix, the television channel, will be launching the english dub of Naruto on its channel on 22nd July. Showing every day at 6.30pm and 9pm.

Gollancz will be releasing the manga series, originaly published by viz media in the us, on a monthly basis some time during the summer. Finally, manga entertainment has plans to release the tv series on DVD.

Manga exclusively told Neo: "We are incredibly excited to be bringing Naruto to UK dvd. This is a major new series and we plan to do it justice so that kids can get in on the ground level to a great new anime and also that fans can get exactly what they want in terms of options.

"At manga UK we've spent the past year refining every aspect of how we bring anime to DVD and are confident that quite frankly the Naruto DVDs that we'll produce will rock!

Its fantastic that fans will be able to watch the series on jetix and we hope that everyone will then enjoy collecting the DVDs. All being well we plan to bring the first dvd out in time for christmas."

Rumour has it that Manga entertainment is planning to release the series with the original japanese soundtrack and english subtitiles, and that jetix is looking to provide the same in addition to their planned dubbed episodes - although no one as yet can confirm their final plans!
  05-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
The problem is, the English version is butchered and the voice cast is really, really bad. I can't belive Bang Zoom did such a terrible casting. Especially Naruto & Saske. Naruto sounds like fake young Goku from Dragonball and Saske sounds 20 years old instead of 12. I have like 200 episodes or somethng like that in it's full glory.

VIZ has mentioned that they might release a 1st season boxset with the Japanese & English dub uncut in the future. I hope so because they destoryed the integrity on this wonderful show.

Viz had also picked up "Bleach" and is headed to adult swim. This show kicks major ***. I hope they don't ruin the voices. I really don't feel like hearing Inuyasha come out of Itchigo's voice if they use Ocean Group.

Take care
Bobby