Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-03-2006, 06:48 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
I saw this cartoon on Adult Swim...i think it is funny as hell. I hope the series gets picked up.

Korgoth of Barbaria is a show created by Aaron Springer, Storyboard artist on Spongebob Squarepants. Premiered June 3, 2006 at 12:30 AM on Adult Swim. Described as a parody of Conan the Barbarian, it is also reminiscent of Thundarr the Barbarian. The pilot is storyboarded by Aaron Springer and animation directed by Genndy Tartakovsky. The title character is voiced by actor Diedrich Bader

Summary:

"In a dark future wasteland, the cities have fallen, primordial beasts have reclaimed the globe and thieves and savages populate sparse, dirty towns. Korgoth emerges from the frozen north, and his merciless savagery may be his only key to survival. Korgoth of Barbaria is an animated fantasy-action-adventure-comedy from Aaron Springer."
  06-03-2006, 08:12 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
dang!!! I forgot to record this, did you snag it?
  06-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I made the mistake of letting my husband set the DVR. He set the wrong channel to record.

I watched it. I loved it. It's as warped as The Venture Brothers lol . The animation is nice too This show is right up my alley.. Oh crap. I really shouldn't use clich'es lol

06-04-2006, 05:41 AM

Verified Member

hahah
  06-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
It aired again on Sunday and is coming back on in the 2nd replay of Adult Swim tonight, it was freakin hilarious.

I had my jaw on the floor as I could not believe CN is allowing this, some of the things are more crude then Drawn Together...its great!
  06-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
This show is going to be a pain in the *** to record. If you set to record on time.
CN airs it 10 Minutes early Or 15 minutes Late . GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I have to set to record the entire hour now. One way or another. I ll get that whole episode lol

Worse than Drawn Together lol Nooooo.. I think they both great lol

Just hope it dont become a trendy CN show. Once that happens. They 'll change everything to the point . Where no one wants to see it. much like REN & Stimpy. S.1 & 2 were the best. After that he tried too hard to out gross himself. It just wasnt the same anymore..

Oh you know what I mean
  06-04-2006, 04:34 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
the bad news is the only ep made so far was the pilot episode. I hope that this series gets picked up and get a decent time slot (I hate that Saturday time slot).
  06-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I wasn't all that impressed. It felt like it wanted to be Rob Zombie-ish, in terms of art style, but simply tried to push the envelope of acceptability rather than trying to tell a story. At least Drawn Together was a parody, this is sort of just silly.

Not my thing.

06-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

I wasn't all that impressed. It felt like it wanted to be Rob Zombie-ish, in terms of art style, but simply tried to push the envelope of acceptability rather than trying to tell a story. At least Drawn Together was a parody, this is sort of just silly.

Not my thing.

Yeah, I agree. It was just okay. It was trying too hard to be funny. A little too much testosterone for me.
  06-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I did record it though.
  06-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I got it too. Depending on the ratings, it might get picked up. This is how Venture Brothers started out (as well as Moral Orel, Lucy Daughter of the Devil, and others).
  06-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Verified Member

I thought it was refreshing change to what normally comes on CN and a great addition to Adult Swim. Remember it was just the pilot so I am sure if it gets picked up the episodes may be toned down but when you get just one shot why not pack the violence, gore, and campiness in there...I mean christ whats the alternative on Adult Swim more Saved by the Bell
  06-05-2006, 01:49 PM

Verified Member

I enjoyed it. I caught the Sunday re-air (which I did record).
  06-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Verified Member

They should be making more, Adult Swim just released the ratings and it was the 2nd highest rated show last Saturday with 369,000 viewers