Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-29-2006, 04:46 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
In your opinion, what is the best action figure line ever made?

I've been collecting for awhile- curious what you guys think...

Movie Maniacs is a cool set- being I am a horror fan
But i have to admit I have a fondness for the older sets like Star Wars and the original Masters of the Universe.
  06-29-2006, 05:06 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I m picky about my action figures. I generally stay clear of Cheesey lookin figures.

Mc Farlane , Middle Earth , Sideshow Toys, DIAMOND SELECT , few other magna co makes the best I ve seen. Mc Farlane Dragons are incredible .

If you get into very very exspensive collecting... Resin figures are beautiful. Who can afford them though lol

The classic MOTU & Star wars figures.. loved them, I had them all. I have to admit. They were not the best looking figures made lol They great back then. Compared to now. They look like crap.

Even old Evel Knevel figures were cheesey looking lol

G I Joe looked better then.

The classic figures sure out last a lot of new stuff.

I dont think they look better.

Collecting figures like any other hobby. Depends on how much you are wanting to spend.
Take Dan D RC hobby. They range from 400 & 2,500 ..

Models same deal. I ve seen some models in catalogs go for 10,000 ... No kidding.

Its a certain make. Dont involve any plastic or glue. All Metals etc..

Its insane.

Then you have a different RC Hobby.
Which there are group of guys in my area who does this. Its really neat.

They take the models of diecast . Add a race motor to them. They race classic car models.

Its amazing !

Anywho... I love mc Farlane toys lol

06-29-2006, 06:22 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I've always been partial to

- the Thundercats
- both the 1980s Superpowers and the 1989-1990 DC Heroes (several of which were variations or updates from the 80s in the 90s line)

That's just action figures. Humanoid toys with action (not dolls or rigid statues)

For more technological toys, I've always had a thing for 1980s Transformers and the classic Robotech Veritechs (Macross Valkyries) in 1/55 scale.

06-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Diamond Select's Stargate SG-1 series are jaw-dropping, sculpted by Gentle Giant. Their Sam Carter - due out later this summer - is stunning, especially the Replicator chase figure. The O'Neill figure is spot on, and the accessories are gorgeous. I like the Daniel Jackson figure, but he needs glasses, and that's not among the accessories for some odd reason. Can't wait for the formal release - I've got three convention special figures, and they are amazing. I am so bummed Diamond did not get the license for Battlestar Galactica - I forget who did.

Their Trek figures - done with Art Asylum - are gorgeous, too. Art Asylum's Enterprise figures were amazing, too.

And then there's my favorites of all time - Kenner's Real Ghostbusters, especially the first series.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 38 posts since Mar 2006
The ones I love the whole line of now are McFarlane's Dragons, Neca's NMBC, & the Lord of the Rings,
but I pick and choose alot of singles from all sorts of lines (must have all monsters), and freeking love vinyls.

But the ones I wanted as a kid, but my parents would never buy me anything except stupid blonde Barbies, were Thundercats, Starwars, anything creepy looking (Mego monsters etc), and yes, She-Ra.
  06-29-2006, 11:48 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Jun 2006
Transformers considered action figures? For the last two years or so, i've been collecting the latest Alternator sets. I could post a picture here of what I have. yeah, a bit geeky, and expensive too!

My latest catch is the alternator Optimus Prime.

06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
Power Rangers is my favorite line of action figures. I still think the automorphing rangers are some of the coolest figuers every made. I dont think bandai cares enough about the sculps they use or produce enough of a lot of figures but its still my favorite....who would have guessed.
  06-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Deb, Ghostbusters eh....Hmm wouldn't have pegged that.

So now, of all these sets- who still has theirs lol

I have any and all figures I still have, all out on display-
my mcfarlane stuff by far the largest-
Peopel still jump when my punisher doll starts talking for no reason
  06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Verified Member

I have a gorgeous talking Cyberman from Doctor Who - and yesterday I came into my bedroom, and my toy TARDIS had somehow been turned on (most likely by one of my cats) and its roof light was blinking. Eerie!

I'm a huge RGB fan - in fact, I've published a couple of RGB fanzines and done quite a lot art for other people's fanzines. One of my prized toys is my firehouse.

I have boxes and boxes of figures, and not enough room to display them all. X-Files, Xena, seaQuest, Battlestar Galactica, Buffy, Farscape, Enterprise, Stargate, the MacKensie Brothers, Charmed, and Real Ghostbusters and more Real Ghostbusters. Some Top Cow. DC Comics, especially Wonder Woman and the Legion of Super Heroes. And I've got my eye on Krypto toys, but they are so big. And statues, too. My prized possession in that regard is my statue of Alan Moore's Promethea - breathtaking. And my Bottled City of Kandor. I always wanted one of those, so I'm thrilled to have it, even if it is a little off. So cool.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
...I cant do it. Oh yes I can. Deb, CyberMan in your bedroom , hmmmm ?
  06-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Verified Member

Actually, the talking Cyberman sits on the mantle in the family room, guarding the Legion of Super-Heroes clubhouse. The only toys in my bedroom are stuffed animals, like a couple of my Kimbas, a Cecil from the '60s, Krypto the Superdog, and a vampire cat. Who is frequently knocked off the shelf by one of my real cats. Oh, I forgot the wall display of Tezuka figures ... sigh. I'm not a geek, am I?
  06-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I want a stuffed Krypto! Is it from the new series?
  06-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Verified Member

Yeah, I bought it on eBay last year. There's an Ace, too. I'm considering the Fisher-Price toys, but they aren't cuddly, just for display.
  07-01-2006, 04:23 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 59 posts since Jan 2006
Send a message via AIM to ksmoothe1
I like weebles from the 80's.....

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.... And if you place a few inside a sock...you can really knock the hell out of someone. Now ask me how I know that...!!!!

07-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I loved my Micronauts when I was a kid. Real Ghostbusters was cool in the 80's. I prefer Japanese toys these days. Nothing else compares to the craftsmanship. The MacFarlene toys come close, but still no prize.
  07-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 38 posts since Mar 2006
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ksmoothe1

I like weebles from the 80's.....

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.... And if you place a few inside a sock...you can really knock the hell out of someone. Now ask me how I know that...!!!!

Wasn't the Weeble haunted house like the coolest thing ever?
I still want that really bad, with all the spooky Weebles too.

Weebles rock, it's time to bring them back updated.
I want 'Sex Pistol' Weebles.
  07-06-2006, 03:37 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 283 posts since Jun 2005
1. Thundercats
2.Super Powers
3.M.A.S.K