Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I think hands down its got to be Justice League Unlimited, I mean the first season took a while to catch on but Season 2 has been red hot tying multiple shows in some cases from over a decade ago together in continuity and story and throwing suprises left and right

I think 2nd place would have to be The Batman, much like JLU, Season 1 started to heat up and Season 2 has just continued with gems like Laughing Bat which is my hands down favorite ep of anything this year

Honorable Mention I would say WITCH and of course Family Guy and American Dad Sunday night knockout punch
  06-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I think the TMNT 2003 series that ended this past spring 2005 would take it as best series overall, with no low points to the series and strong writing/animation all the way from 1-78. They really were able to grab the serial style for this show.

JLU is weaker at the beginning, but ended strong and very interesting. Only at the end were they able to grasp that serial style (and quite well, for a few of them).

American Dad is a series that just really reflects (or rather, pokes fun at) things I observe, and also cannot stand about modern USA society/politics. And of course, more Family Guy is good to see.

Teen Titans and The Batman would tail end the list, good heroes, decent shows.

I'm also very fond of Xiaolin Showdown and Puffy Ami Yumi. It's American made entertainment with an Asian feel, without having to be a recycled/butchered Asian toon.

For live stuff, Stargate SG-1 easily did very well. The show could have ended, actually. I have no idea what S9 will bring. Atlantis was good too, but I consider them both the same "Stargate show" to be honest.

06-26-2005, 12:24 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
LS, if you liked Xaolin Showdown you might find Avatar: The Last Airbender interesting. It's on Nickelodeon.

makatisu, they are FINALLY reairing the first two episodes of WITCH that I have been needing for some time in order to start my set. LOL, I've had the whole series with the exception of It Begins and It Resumes on my TIVO for a very long time, now I can finally start it and clean off my TIVO.
  06-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
lol I got those 2 are a premiere movie when it debuted on Toon Disney. I know they just ran their book of secrets marathon so hopefully you got all you needed because its a great series!
  06-26-2005, 05:39 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 295 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to rockettj1225
i'm with LS

keith
  06-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
I would say Justice League and The Batman too..
Loved the Superfriends as a kid and still like the new stuff too.
Thankx
Billy
  06-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Not big on alot of new cartoons. Don't care for the animation. Then again crappy american animation is an artform. Sorry just my opinion.

Justice League kicks *** though

I don't mind the deformed animation on funny shows like southpark, family guy and venture brothers.
  06-26-2005, 11:44 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
For TV shows i will have to go with Stargate Atlantis and Lost. Lost is excellent, and looking forward to seeing the next season.

Running into 2nd is startgate Atlantis, I actually enjoy this show more then Stargate SG-1.

Cartoons wise, I have to go with WITCH.
  06-27-2005, 07:05 AM

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
I really like the new series Martin Mystery on NICK - reminds alot of scooby doo in a lot of ways - good stuff. Xoalin Showdown is excellent. Can't say how the JLU 2nd season has been or the current TT because I have not gotten to see them yet but if the past seasons are an indicator they are likely quite good - I would have to say that the new series on NICK - Avatar and My Dad the ROck Star are pretty good. Avatar is interesting but could be a little faster paced. My Dad the ROck Star is fun to watch - not very mentally demanding but good enough for light entertainment.
  06-27-2005, 07:06 AM

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
I also like Fairly Odd Parents - the show is goofy but funny.
  06-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
LOST and Justice League Unlimited are my current favorites.
  06-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Lost, Stargate Atlantis, and Veronica Mars would have to be my favorites of the season. Reality shows in general would have to be my least favorite, although I've gotten hooked on Dancing with the Stars. :?

Animation-wise, I love Lilo and Stitch, Krypto, and I have to admit I'm going to have to start recording Foster's Home. I also adore Backyardigans - the CG animation is amazing. But with only 12 episodes in rotation in the US, I can imagine the show gets wearing on the parents of little ones ... :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-28-2005, 03:52 PM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Although it was cancelled I really enjoyed Star Trek Enterprise this season.
  06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Yeah, I'd definitely agree - Enterprise finally became what it should have been all along. I found myself looking forward to Friday nights a lot more this past season. I watched the show all along, but I enjoyed the final season the most.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-29-2005, 06:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
As far as tv shows go, I couldn't get enough of Lost and Veronica Mars. You know it's a good show when they leave you wanting more when the show is done. I really enjoyed Boston Legal more than the other ABC Sunday night stuff, but it got cut off abruptly for another good show Grey's Anatomy. O.C. was fun this season too. Monday Night Raw is always hit or miss, but they've had some pretty good matches over the season and the ECW stuff was great. I liked some of the underrated stuff that got prematurely canned too. Point Pleasant put me to sleep initially, but it grew on me. Tru Calling got better, but it never was really given a chance to succeed. Enterprise improved greatly this season, but I haven't heard from anyone who actully liked the finale. Smallville was great, especially the prom episode. Unfortunately I had to keep flipping stations because Lost was on at the same time.

As far as toons goes I'm an old 70/80s comic mark so I liked JLU with the use of some obscure characters like The Question, Suicide Squad and Booster Gold. Not to mention all the great background characters like Vibe, Gypsy, and Starman. With Titans you had Bumblebee and the whole Titans East/West thing and glimpses of great stories from The New Teen Titans early history.

06-29-2005, 08:04 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
Justice League Unlimited and the Stargates (SG1 and Atlantis) are my picks. The new season of SG1 with more of the Farscape folk looks like it'll make for an interesting year.
  06-29-2005, 12:23 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
I think Battlestar Galactica has really lived up to and exceeded expectations.

As far as animation, Justice League hands down, with a mention for Robot Chicken.
  06-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
As far as TV shows. I really like House.