Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Okay, I am soooooo dissapointed at the English cast on this. "Bang Zoom" has no respect for the original casting. Don't get me wrong, I do love a good English dub like Bebop and Champloo when it is done right.

Sub or Dub? I want to hear your opinion.

First off they got Johnny Yon Vosh ("Vash" from Trigun) to be the main charactor "Itchigo" who has a deeper voice. I don't want to hear whimpy Vash coming out of him.

Second, they got Michelle Ruff ("Chi" from "Chobits to be "Rukia"). Rukia also has a little bit deeper voice for a girl. Now we're gonna get to hear a very wimpy soft spoken high pitch little girly voice from an aggressive charactor.

This really sucks the fat part because this is one of the greatest animes of all time. Especially if you guys get through the first 20 episodes. I've watched and own around 75 episodes and I'm totally sucked into it. All the charactors are really well developed. They're so many of them to love. Bleach was the biggest thing at Anime Expo with 41,000 people that attended. This is how powerful of a show it is and it hasn't even been aired hear in america. It's a dang shame that it will be runied. It's also a shame because people are fecking lazy and won't take the time to see it with subtitles in it's original glory.

Oh well.

Bleach will air following Trinity Blood at 12:30 a.m on 9/9/06.

Here's how Cartoon Network describe the show:

"Born with the ability to see spirits, Kurosaki Ichigo is far from the average 15-year-old boy. But Ichigo's life becomes even more unusual when he and his family are attacked by a Hollow, a malevolent lost soul. They are aided by a Shinigami (Death God) named Kuchiki Rukia, who was sent to rid the world of tormented Hollows. But when Rukia is attacked by the Hollow, she is forced to transfer her powers to Ichigo. With these new powers, Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicated to maintaining the peace between the living world and the afterlife. Ichigo's life takes a drastic turn as he begins his training to protect the innocent and help tortured spirits find peace."

08-16-2006, 06:48 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Believe it! oh wait, wrong show....sorry