Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats

FIRST DVD TITLE ARRIVES IN STORES SEPTEMBER 20TH

LOS ANGELES, CA - Shout! Factory and leading children's media company DIC Entertainment have signed an exclusive licensing agreement to release a slate of hit animated television series from DIC's catalog as collectors' DVD sets. The first title to be released on September 20th, under the new agreement, is a four-disc collection, Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats, starring everybody's favorite troublemaking tabby, Heathcliff, and the junkyard gang, the Catillac Cats. Other select titles scheduled for future release will include "The Legend of Zelda," "Super Mario Bros. Super Show," "Inspector Gadget" and "Sabrina The Animated Series."

Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats, available for $34.98 (S.R.P), will include the first 24 half-hour episodes of the cartoon series presented chronologically in their entirety. The set will also include deluxe packaging and bonus features such as original promos, a click-thru gallery of panels from the syndicated newspaper cartoon "Heathcliff" from its 1973 inception to present day, an interview with current "Heathcliff" comic panel illustrator Peter Gallagher, and more. Additionally, each of the animated episodes in Heathcliff & The Catillac Cats contains a Heathcliff cartoon followed by a Cats And Co. cartoon, with the original series' bumpers and animated "Pet Tips" segment.

Mel Blanc's famous voice brings Heathcliff to life as the fat tabby with an attitude to match. Each Heathcliff cartoon segment follows the practical joker as he struts through the town of Westfinster in search of new ways to torment the neighborhood bulldog Spike, woo his beloved fancy feline Sonja, or annoy his human Grandpa. Each Heathcliff cartoon is followed by a Cats And Co. cartoon starring a comical junkyard gang of characters known as the Catillac Cats. On the other side of Westfinster, short cat Riff Raff leads his pack of friends Hector, Wordsworth and Mungo in and out of trouble with get-rich-quick schemes and hunts for good eats. The mischief and fun for Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats never ends.
  10-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This DVD release add no new Heathcliff episodes outside of what can already be found on official VHS releases.

It only includes 5 new Catillac Cats shorts outside of those already found on official VHS releases.

Since the pooled source between markatisu and myself had almost all of this DVD release, I was a bit disappointed. It is also out of order.

I do not think they did a very good job on the audio. It feels like some the volumes are off, like dialogue and sound effects being over-the-top as compared to the musci track. The intro theme has a few sound effects missing too.

It's a nice release, but I can extremely critical when the VHS versions are seemingly as good as or more correct than the DVD job.