Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Saw this "rumor" floating around on Aint It Cool News today. Now keep in mind that it is a rumor and not confirmed, but let's start fishing to see if it's true.

WB animation is remaking the Thundercats as an animated TV series.
The animation style is whimsical, Americanized-anime, along the lines of Teen Titans.
The setting is modern-day Earth, in a major city (possibly LA)
The Thundercats are all teenagers.
Their leader is Snarf (!) who is now a mystic with a "third" eye.
Each of the Thundercats has a weapon with an "Eye of Thunderra" and transformative powers (not just Lion-O)
When they aren't fighting evil, the Thundercats play together as a rock band. That's not a typo, or a joke. They are rockin' cats in their present form.
Mum-Ra now has wings.
  08-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I know they are planning to make a new one, they have since 2004 when they renewed the license and the names for their trademarks.

What is sad if this would not surprise me at all, I mean it is WB we are talking about. Though I know a few message boards and about 100 fans who will have a stroke is this comes to be as is said above.

I would probably watch just to see how bad it is. I mean its like talking about the Thundercats DVD extras, you hear about them but you have to see them for yourself to truly understand the horrid content"
  08-22-2006, 05:39 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
how in the world did Snarf become the leader?
  08-22-2006, 05:41 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This is why I made a cartoon collection on VHS (now DVD), so I don't have to watch modern butchered crap.

Then again, AICN is known for lying.

08-22-2006, 09:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
why does this new version have AGONY written all over it?
  08-22-2006, 01:39 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
WTF!!!!! New cartoons just plain suck!! Why bastardize such a cool cartoon!! I guess I need to impale myself on my Sword of Thundera..no really, I have a 440 stainless steel SoT hanging on my wall.Bastards!!!