Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
According to several DC sources the future of the show is up in the air and this season will get them to syndication so WB may end it.

Episode #40 - A Matter of Family
Original Airdate - September 23rd, 2006 - Fourth Season Premiere

When the circus comes to Gotham, ruthless crime boss Tony Zucco demands protection money from the Flying Graysons, a family of trapeze artists. They refuse to pay and Zucco exacts revenge, leaving, Dick, the youngest Grayson an orphan. Having experienced a similar tragedy himself, Batman is driven to take down Zucco and in the process discovers an unexpected bond with Dick.

Episode #41 - Team Penguin
Original Airdate - September 30th, 2006

After countless humiliations at the hands of the Batman, Penguin realizes that while he may not be able to take down the Dark Knight alone an all-star team of Gotham's most dangerous villains might just do the trick. While trying to stop this powerful force Batman must deal with team building issues of his own as Batgirl and Robin meet for the first time.

Episode #42 - Clayfaces
Original Airdate - Unknown

Shape-shifting villain Clayface turns himself in, promising to give up his criminal ways and hoping to earn a second chance for his alter ego, Ethan Bennett. But when a new Clayface takes to the streets of Gotham, Ethan wants to prove his worth as a hero by helping take down this threat. Having been burned in the past by a seemingly reformed Ethan, Batman isn’t sure his friend can still be trusted.

Episode #43 - The Everywhere Man

When evidence from a series of art thefts by a new costumed villain with the power to replicate implicates a close friend, Batman believes there must be another explanation. Now the Dark Knight must unmask the identity of this rouge called the “Everywhere Man” and prove his friend's innocence.

Episode #44 - Strange New World

Professor Strange unleashes a deadly toxin on all of Gotham, turning its entire population into zombie-like creatures. With the fate of the city in his hands, Batman must overcome incredible odds to find an antidote before the condition is rendered permanent.

Episode #45 - The Breakout

When notorious crime boss Black Mask is captured, his organization works to break him of out jail. But when Batman is sidelined, Batgirl and Robin must prove they can be heroes on their own and stop Black Mask.

Episode #46 - Artifacts
One thousand years into the future Gotham City is terrorized by a dangerous villain from it’s past. Can the city defend itself from such a threat without the Batman?

Episode #47 - Two of A Kind
After Batman takes down Punch and Judy, Joker takes an interest in the TV pop psychologist Harley Quinn and decides to groom her as his new partner in crime.

Episode #48 - Seconds

After a seemingly ordinary criminal continues to get the better of Batman and his partners it is discovered that he has the ability to travel back in time by several seconds. Batman is now faced with the seemingly impossible task of stopping a foe that knows his every move before even Batman himself does.

Episode #49 - Riddler's Revenge
Stuck at the bottom of the ocean with Riddler and no hope of escape, Batman learns he may have played an important role in the creation of this dreaded foe and helps solve a long lingering mystery.

Episode #50 - Rumors

A new vigilante, one playing for keeps, comes to Gotham, with his sights set on taking down the city’s major villains permanently. Now Batman finds himself in the unusual position of having to protect some of his greatest enemies from this deadly threat.

Episode #51 - The Joining, Pt. 1

John Jones, a new detective in Gotham, hints that he may know Batman’s secret. Batman must uncover this mysterious figure’s true identity and whether he is a friend or a foe. The answe
  09-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Holy Crap - Read those last 2 episodes real close. Are they bringing back / updating the Justice League already. I'd say no, but John Jones (see episode #51) is the Martain Manhunter's identity. The next episode mentions a team. You would think it's the Batman team, but I can hope.
  09-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
They are up to 4 ?????
  10-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Verified Member

Some good general Season 4 news was posted at aintitcool.com, a few veteran Buffy writers were hired and they actually wrote the 2 part season finale introducing J'onn. Full text below:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
“We are finally getting a chance to do the Batman show we've always wanted to do,” series producer Jeff Matsuda wrote Ain’t It Cool in early September. “The first thing we did was go out and improve the writing. I emailed [“Buffy the Vampire Slayer” vets] Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie and asked if they wanted to do some episodes and they agreed.

“Luckily they came on the same day and during the meeting we all just decided it would be better if they wrote a two parter together! So they went off and did a two part season finale with the introduction of Jonn Jonzz, the Martian Manhunter. They were so fun to work with and I saw the what I loved about ‘Buffy,’ ‘Angel’ and ‘Firefly’ in the way they broke down story and character development. The scripts came in and Michael Jelenic (story editor) and I close the door and giggled like school girls as we read.

“Paul Dini also agreed to do a script for us and came with a new Harley
Quinn idea for our series. He did a sweet job and put in a song and dance number with Joker and Harley (geek squeal!) in the episode. It was great to see Harley and Bats together again.

“The season opens with the origin of Robin, and the death of his arents
by Tony Zucco played Mark Hamill. Dick's dad is played by non other than Kevin Conroy, so we get to see Hamill and Conroy mix it up again!

“The Dark Knight Returns 50-plus-year-old version of Batman is in this season as well, fighting an older more powerful version of Mr. Freeze alongside Nightwing and Oracle.

“The Black Mask finally gets the animated treatment this season with his
Kitty Pride: Welcome to the X-men/Home Alone episode. It's one of my
favorite episodes of the season. Black Mask vs two meddling little
kids, nice!

“Brandon Routh and Allison Mack came in to record the Everywhereman
Script (Chloe finally gets Clark!). Robert Englund in the Riddler origin story, Killer Moth, Zombies, and Louis Gossett Jr, Whew!

“I also thought we needed to improve some of the art as well, so many
characters went through a bit of revamping and honing. Batman, Bruce
Wayne, Penguin all took a trip to the plastic surgeon and I think it went well.

“I hope you'll give it a look, we really went all out this season to
make a series we would love to see ourselves and so we did!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  10-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Verified Member

WOW! Most fans were dissapointed at the addition of Robin but I think they made up for it in what they are doing. That is an impressive list of things to come, so far my favorite season has to be Season 2 (before Batgirl came)
  10-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Verified Member

I like S2, but I really liked the way Batgirl (and Ivy) were handled in S3. With the above info (and Martian Manhunter), S4 looks to be the best yet. Hopefully we'll get a S5.
  10-02-2006, 04:00 AM
Verified Member

I think we might because that would get us to 65 which is usually the golden end for most modern cartoons.

The ratings should be high enough and the toys sell decently from what I have seen. Since WB is the ones doing it and its not on CN they cant use the excuse they used to cancel JLU and TT (because they wanted more money from toys and since CN did not create the shows they were not getting as much $$$$)
  10-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I can't stomach this show what so ever.
  10-07-2006, 03:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
you just don't like the chin on batman !! his lantern jaw ..lol

hey phillip, when you are done authoring the batman season 4 , and venture bros. season 2 .. please lmk so i can get those from you ?

thanks phillip
  10-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DAJIZZARIZZA

you just don't like the chin on batman !! his lantern jaw ..lol
It's just not a very good show and I dislike the animation very much.