Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-15-2006, 08:02 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 317 posts since Jun 2005
http://www.tv.com/legion-of-super-he...s;full_summary

Similar to Teen Titans

Interesting Plot

Quote:
quote:Kids WB! Brings you a new series inspired by the DC Comics legend. Legion of Super Heroes follows the adventures of a group of teenage superheroes one thousand years in the future who must travel back in time to recruit Superman, the greatest superhero of all time, in their fight against evil. Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5, Phantom Girl, Bouncing Boy, and Timber Wolf miscalculate their time travel and go too far back in time where they meet up with Superboy instead. Scheduled to air on The CW during a new morning block entitled, "Too Big For You TV" on Saturday mornings later this fall.

Members of the Legion include:

Lightning Lad: Garth Ranzz of Winath, he has the power to project lightning bolts.

Saturn Girl: Imra Ardeen of the moon of Titan, who takes her name from the planet it orbits. She can read minds, project her thoughts, and mentally control others.

Phantom Girl: Tinya Wazzo from the extra-dimensional world of Bgztl, she has the ability to phase through solid matter but materialize to hit her opponents.

Brainiac 5: Querl Dox of the planet Colu, and descendant of the 21st century villain Brainiac. "Brainy" possesses a 12th level intelligence that lets him build any number of gadgets, including the Legion's flight rings and his personal force field.

Timber Wolf: Brin Londo of the planet Zuun by way of Rimbor. Brin has enhanced strength, dexterity, and animal-like senses.

Bouncing Boy: Chuck Taine of Earth, Bouncing Boy can inflate himself and bounce at will, using his body as a battering ram.

These and many other superpowered teenagers band together with Superboy to teenage superheroes battle such futuristic supervillains as the Fatal Five.
  09-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
My favorite comic team of all time, other than The Metal Men. Now, why don't they list Rokk Krinn, aka Cosmic Boy, in the lineup? He's my favorite, and one of the founding members of the LSH.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  09-17-2006, 06:18 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
One thousand years in the future? You mean they're not in the 30th century anymore, they're in the 31st century? I don't know how much more changes I can take. lol

Sign me up for my flight ring.
  09-25-2006, 03:58 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Did anyone else watch this....it was ummm interesting.

I am still undecided, I will give it some more episodes. The characters are neat but I dont know the Teen Titans/young characters just dont grab my attention like the JLU Legion did!
  09-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I just watched it. It was okay. I was far more interested in The Batman, especially since Kevin Conroy was a guest voice actor, playing Dick's father.
  09-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
The BATMAN was great That episode reminded me of BTAS .

Still dont like the Batchan look for Batman.

The rest of the show keeps you tuned in :P

09-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Surprisingly, the first episode wasn't all that far from the origin of the Legion from the comics. Although Clark wasn't on his way to Metropolis, he was still in high school. And Brainiac 5 was definitely human, not robotic. But the villains looked very familiar indeed, especially the Emerald Empress and her Eye, and the big brainless thing whose name I can't remember. And it was nice to see Triplicate Girl doing her stuff. Bouncing Boy was definitely not a member of the Legion in the early days (my comic collection goes back to their first appearance in Adventure Comics), but then again, neither was Phantom Girl. Missing in action are Lightning Lass (Lightning Lad's twin) and my personal favorite, Cosmic Boy.

Still, I plan to record it. I've been waiting over 30 years for the Legion to hit the airwaves. Now, if only they'd animate the Metal Men - that would never work as live action, but it could rock as an animated series.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.