Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
BCI is bringing the classic 80s cartoon Dungeons & Dragons to DVD on November 7. The 4-disc set will contain all 27 toons.

Dungeons & Dragons is the story of 6 kids--Hank, Eric, Sheila, Bobby, Diana, and Presto--who get onto the Dungeons & Dragons roller-coaster and are sucked into a fantasy world. Once there, they meet some strange and bizarre monsters as well as the evil Venger. They also meet a friend called the Dungeon Master, who gives the kids each a magical item to stop Venger and helps the kids find their way back home.

Dungeons & Dragons was based on a popular role-playing game and was produced by Marvel Productions (producers of Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends and Muppet Babies) and aired on CBS from 1983-1986. The toon features the voices of Willie Aames (Eight is Enough, Charles in Charge, and Bibleman) as Hank the Ranger, Adam Rich (Eight is Enough, Code Red) as Presto the Magician, and Donny Most (Ralph Malph from Happy Days) as Eric the Cavalier, along with veteran voice actors Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime from The Transformers) as Venger, Frank Welker (Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Scooby-Doo) as Uni, and Bob Holt (The Great Grape Ape and the '82 Incredible Hulk) as a Shadow Demon.
  09-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I know there was a PAL set already, which I have.
  09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yeah, the USA drags butt a lot. I wish they'd do some sets not available anywhere, not re-inventing the wheel.
  09-23-2006, 04:41 PM

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Its the EXACT same set as the UK set.
  09-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

Yeah, the USA drags butt a lot. I wish they'd do some sets not available anywhere, not re-inventing the wheel.
You got that right.
  09-26-2006, 05:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Quote:
quote: Its the EXACT same set as the UK set.
Not really, they got new transfers from Disney directly (though it still has the same opening credits because DISNEY threw out the Season 2 and Season 3 openings when they got the series)

And there are going to be 1-2 documentaries as well as hopefully a reunion of the cast to do episode commentaries along with the writers.

So no it wont be the same UK set
  09-28-2006, 04:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
See I told you, its a 5 disc set with the 5th disc being pure extras and it also comes with an animated series guide. You cant beat that set because its cheaper then the UK one (will retaill for around $24-25 US)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6453

And we even get Requim (the unaired, unproduced final episode) OTR style with the CAST!

--------------------------------

Included in this collectible package is the official "Dungeons & Dragons" Hard-Cover Game Supplement. Created exclusively for this release by Wizards of the Coast, the Animated Series Handbook is 32 pages of official character profiles with full stats, magic items and a brand new adventure. The adventure is a prelude to the episode "The Dragon's Graveyard" and is designed to bridge the gap between the game and the animated television series. The characters and world within the animated series are now playable with the traditional RPG game.

Also included is an Episode Guide Booklet with show's synopsis, writers, and original air dates.

Disc 5 includes the following extensive bonus features:
• The all-new half hour documentary, "Entering the Realm of Dungeons & Dragons" featuring interviews with the show's production team, writers, animators and network executives
• Two commentary tracks for episodes "Night of No Tomorrow" and "The Dragon's Graveyard" with producer Bob Richardson, story editor and voice director Hank Saroyan, writers Mark Evanier and Michael Reaves and CBS executives Ted Field II and Judy Price, and animator Michael Swanigan. Hosted by Special Features producer Andy Mangels
• Radio show style presentation of unaired episode "Requiem" featuring popular animation voice talent, plus original cast member Katie Leigh
• Full length animated storyboard with interactive episode comparison for Episode #16 "The Girl Who Dreamed of Tomorrow"
• "Choose Your Own Adventure" DVD Game
• 50 Detailed Characters, Creatures and Artifacts, Profiles with Bios, Images and Clips
• Short live-action fan film by Sean Kennedy
• "Uni's Fun Facts" Trivia
• Extensive Gallery of original model sheets and memorabilia
• Alternate and rare footage
• Easter Eggs
• DVD-ROM extras, including scripts for multiple episodes (with the un-produced series finale script), complete storyboards and the original series bible
• More INK & PAINT trailers
  09-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Verified Member

Yay!!! Very cool.
  09-29-2006, 01:22 AM

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Cool! I may have to pick up the US one as well! Goes to show that even Mark can be right once in a while!LOL