Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
For the 4 or so TF fans lol, what did you think? I did not get a chance to watch it completely due to work but I intend to watch it before I go to sleep completely

Looks like its going to be Saturdays for at least 4 weeks then go daily
  07-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I fell asleep about 5 minutes into it. I just really don't like computer animation, it looks far too stilted, too mechanical. Sure, these are robots and all, but I really miss the days of G1 style animation, which largely stole from that of Robotech (Macross).

The opening scene, the "remote control race cars" thing was amusing. How many of these new TF shows need kids? Ugh.

I still recorded it, and all the DC stuff after it. Now that my CN looks clean again. Even my SciFi is suddenly better.
  07-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Jetfire with an Aussie accent- Crikey Mate!!! and green to boot, LOL. It will take a while to get use to that.

And when they power up with the Cyber keys, it reminds me of a Sailor Moon transformation minus the little cute wands and the fact that by the moon they're going to punish you, take that Megatron, I'll cutsie you to death, LOL.

on the other hand Starscream looks awesome, and I like the way they tried to go back the old voice actor's voice.

it will take some getting use to, I think I'm going to like it. It will take some time to get off its feet just like any other program, especially when the travel to the speed planet, story will develop, characters will develop, but I do agree with LS, I enjoy old fashion cel art over CG any day of the week, they seem more flexible and more expressive. CG just tends to take away from cartoons rather than trying to enhance it. I could see using it in instances such as special effects. One of the reasons I can't stand reboot.

If you get a chance to get the toys I reccomend them they're awesome and a lot larger than I was expecting. I haven't seen Starscream yet except on the net. I did see a pic of the Megatron toy standing next to Starscream (I believe there are going to be two versions, one large and a smaller one) and my friend and I did a size comparison to Megatron that Starscream is going to be almost as tall as the Unicron toy.

Watched the DC Stuff afterwards as well, Teen Titans was good, Justice League was AWESOME, it just keeps getting better. Tonight reminded me of Saturday morning cartoons, just at night.
  07-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
All the new TF shows have kids, one reason that Energon was more favored over Armada was it got rid of the "kids" and only focused on 1-2 human characters while leaving the old Armada kids in bit roles but the US version never allowed the Kicker romance to be shown or blossom so they ruined a great story that could have been

Seeing the finale of Energon where they BRIEFLY returned to animated (not cel shaded) traditional animation really lets you see how bad the current methods are and how much the show could benefit from tradtional animation being used

I do agree about Starscream and its a shame Chris Latta (his original voice) died in 1994 or else I bet he would have done the new Starscream given he was VERY active in the profession at his time of death (Brain hemorrage)

I will say having seen the JP version of the same episode that I think the original version feels less kidified and just feels different, Armada and Energon did not differ THAT greatly, meaning you could watch either and it left me with big deal, but Cybertron just feels forced compared to Galaxxy Force