Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-21-2006, 08:09 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Pokemon Season 1 Box Set was out yesterday in the USA, i am just curious who brought it and can tell me what it is like. Is it worth buying or is it a disappointing release.

I did read up that it don't even have the original Japanese track with subs and its just the dub release. Which is disappointing. Can anyone give a review of this?
  11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I did not know something like that came out, I will have to look at it now. Often in the US Pokemon releases go unnoticed, they are never advertised and only carried at about one chain (Best Buy).
  11-21-2006, 11:37 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
I knew about the release for a week now, i found out about it when i doing a search. it is on amazon, but i don't know which info is false or not. so i prefer one of you guys to review it - http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Season...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

11-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It's here: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VIZ035644

I'm not getting it. I already have the 3-episode DVD releases for it.
I am missing a few of the later Johto DVDs, and that's pretty much it.

11-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Oh so its similar to the other boxed sets where they just took the single releases and finally boxed them together for a slightly lower price point.

I may check one of the discs out and see if its differs from the original releases (redub, it cant be dual language because the US episodes have always been edited compared to their JPN originals), if its anything like the Orange Island set they can keep it! I was not a fan of 3 eps per disc but the Orange Island ones had 12 per disc and was bordering on LOW end DVD at best.