Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-26-2006, 02:37 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 167 posts since Jun 2005
Does any one know what is included in the 14 disc version Superman Ultimate Collection? It is listed in Sunday's Best Buy salespaper for $69.99.
Will all of the movies be shown in widescreen? Will the movies be in their longest versions? What extra items are included, in addition to, the feature films?
Will this Ultimate Collection make me throw away my SLP VHS tapes?
Thanks for any help,
Al
  11-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I would keep your tapes. Never know when they will come in handy.

I think LS posted a review on the Donner collection. Which I m assuming is the samething :P

11-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
The Donner DVD is just one part

Altek hold off, WB messed up 2-3 discs and are now having people call the 800 number for replacements. The extras are what makes the set worth the money but it has not been out long enough for everyone to compare the multiple releases to see if this truly is the best one.
  11-30-2006, 10:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 167 posts since Jun 2005
Thanks, for the heads up!
Keep my tapes.
Keep money in my pocket......for now.
  11-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Here is the basics of what went wrong

Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III: Deluxe Edition" in the 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one of "Superman: The Movie - Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective in any way.

Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the intention of standing behind our product 100%.

Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937 between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM Pacific Standard Time. The exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III: Deluxe Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to disc one of "Superman: The Movie - Four Disc Special Edition," available as a single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection" and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."
  11-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Boy, that sucks. I'll just wait till they fix them.