Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
The Australian release, thanks to Vintrus for giving the heads up

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/cat...57&method=view

Most AUS stores should have it for USA $32-35, you can preorder at Madman directly for $45 US after conversion

I am getting all 3, been waiting for this series FOREVER!
  07-03-2005, 10:10 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
the link's not working. Can you view any region dvd on the pc?
  07-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Verified Member

I brought up the link just fine here at home

Its Region 4 so you will need either a cheap $30 player like the Cyberhome 300 or a hacked DVD-ROM in the PC which can play any region, all Pioneer models can be hacked as well as some other brands like Toshiba

Or to be honest wait for someone here to get it then shrink it to Region 0 lol
  08-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Verified Member

Thought the box art was neat

box set packaging, mirroring the Air, Sea and Land Team themes of the show
  08-22-2005, 11:10 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
is this planned for release in the US at all?
  08-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Verified Member

Not at the moment, WEP in the US is in some very sad shape. They were supposed to have release plans to coincide with the 20th anniversary masterpiece toy that was released in July...well as you can see WEP's page has not changed since around April of 2005, there is also no talk among distributors or any of the typical dvd companies, no rumors either which is very bad in the grand scheme of things.

The Voltron comic almost shut down and went to every 2 months instead of monthly and the new cartoon they had planned has never taken off the ground as far as anyone can tell, there was no talk of it at all during SDCC which is where all major animation studios discuss their fall and spring plans

So unless they pull out a miracle and get their company back in shape the only people who have paid for and received the righs to both series is Madman in Australia, somehow they managed to get the masters for the entire series which probably meant making a few calls to Toei in Japan, even the UK wont get a release as the UK companies only licensed the first 4 episodes of each show and those did not sell real well in the UK. The Lion sets have been big sellers in Australia though
  08-22-2005, 11:48 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
The Masterpiece Voltron was released?? Dang I missed it. I need to try to locate one, it was only the Lions right?? Too bad they don't re-release the Vehicle set in the three individual boxed sets and in the deluxe set

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Verified Member

I never saw it in stores but I know places like bigbadtoystore had it in stock, usually I see them at Gamestop and EBgames but the price tag may have been too high and the Robotech Masterpiece Veritechs never sold that well there, thats how I got them for $25 each rather than the $90 online
  08-23-2005, 07:09 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I found one on ebat from a collectable shop for like $150.00 plus it looks exactly like the original and trendmasters voltron.

Oh a sick note when I intially got my trendmaster voltron back when it first came out upon assembling it I remembered how fragile the chrome paint was on the original yellow lion and how it flaked right away upon connecting it to the black Lion, well I connected the trendmaster lions and sure enough, it happened again. lol.

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Verified Member

Just a note to anyone who may have ordered I got an email from Atlantic AU saying that my Vehicle 1 set did in fact ship and should arrive in 2-4 weeks
  09-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Verified Member

It arrived today, It took less than 1 week that is impressive. The box is beautiful and the episode guide is neat, it lists each episode, a shot from each and a description. The transfers are great, definitly ordering the next 2!