Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

02-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
FUNimation will release the Dragon Ball Z Season Two set to DVD on May 22, the company said yesterday. The set, which includes the Namek and Captain Ginyu Sagas, will retail for $49.98.
  02-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Bobby, how many "seasons" were there?

I got the entire series from Tcel a while back but between his series, my old fansubbed VHS tapes and all my brothers DVD's I can never remember how big the series is.
  02-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by markatisu

Bobby, how many "seasons" were there?

I got the entire series from Tcel a while back but between his series, my old fansubbed VHS tapes and all my brothers DVD's I can never remember how big the series is.
276 of Dragonall Z. This is not including DB or DBGT.
DB is the best though.
  02-26-2007, 07:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
I thought there was 291? I know that Funimation is redubbing some of the stuff too. They're putting quite a lot of money into the series, which of course always comes back. It's DBZ. Seems like from doing a check on the how they're doing the episodes, by sagas, I have a feeling 5 more sets will be made for a total of however many Funimation decides.
  02-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by angelofanimes

I thought there was 291? I know that Funimation is redubbing some of the stuff too. They're putting quite a lot of money into the series, which of course always comes back. It's DBZ. Seems like from doing a check on the how they're doing the episodes, by sagas, I have a feeling 5 more sets will be made for a total of however many Funimation decides.
It's cool. I'm loving the HD remasters.
  03-01-2007, 04:33 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
There were 291 Eps in Jap, but only 276 in English. It had to do with the way they were edited and didn't really amount to more episodes. I believe they got rid of some "already seen" footage, by this I mean Anime series tend to do a lot of recapping etc for no apparent reason other than to fill time. I'm glad Funimation is re-doing them, Pioneer really messed them up bad.