Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Last time I watched Robotech was in 1997-1998. In 2001-2002, I skimmed the DVD releases. In 2001, I re-read the full set of novels. So it's been a while....

What happened to the fold engine in the SDF-1? The original one vanished at that first fold. I seem to recall the engine was "stolen" by either the SDF3 (or latter SDF6, maybe), or the Tirolians (Rem, Zor?), in the future (or past, after time travel). And wasn't there another fold drive that disappeared? SDF3, maybe?

I just don't remember.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

UPDATE:

Okay, I found a Robotech site with a timeline. I was right. The SDF-3 had it's spacefold engine taken during End of Circle, when it went back in time. The Regis stole the SDF-3 engine as it was leaving, so the SDF-3 steals the SDF-1 engine across time (because they knew it was going to disappear). Self-fulfilling prophecy.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Of course, Shadow Chronicles is pretty liberal with the old scripts Macek laid out, and the novels by the two authors using the McKinney nom de plume, so we can now consider such things elseworlds... Maybe...

Reading over those timelines, I forgot how sinister Haydon IV was.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

I miss the old days of the alt.fan.robotech newsgroup (mid/late 1990s). Had some great discussion there. Enjoyed reading and conversing with that professor at Rice. He was famous for his efforts to further the science, fandom and stories of the show. He's even quote in some novels.

03-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Well Harmony Gold has said the Shadow Chronicles uses parts of the older material, we will have to wait and see in the next sequels and possible tv show just what is omitted

I found it interesting that they are not denying the existence of Robotech the Movie (its songs are on the Perfect Collection Soundtrack as well as being referenced on robotech.com) or Sentinels and consulted the Waltrip brothers and Macek for the Shadow Chronicles...expands the realm of where the story can go imho. I was happy when they did not do a complete retcon and omit all the stuff that came after the 85 ep series because there was some good stuff in there.

I too miss the alf.fan.robotech group, forums and message boards today get too much infighting and clique-ness to get the discussions that used to come up on old newsgroups.