Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

03-17-2007, 03:26 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
According to tvshowsondvd.com, Sony Wonders, the division that handles the distribution of sony animated properties will be closing it's doors, leaving the future dvd releases of Transformers, Jem, and G.I. Joe muddled at best. Here are links to the story:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7039

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070314/...onywonder_dc_1

I guess we may never get a full release for Jem, or especially the Sunbow version of G.I. Joe

We can only hope that BCI makes an attempt to purchase these properties from Sony. Based on their work with HE-MAN and SHE-RA as well as other titles, you can be sure BCI would produce top notch releases for each title they'd accquire from Sony.

03-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Heathcliff was also a Sony property, if I'm not mistaken.
  03-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
o what. dang heathcliff too?
  03-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 862 posts since Jun 2005
i thought shout factory released the only set of heathcliff and the cadillac cats and what is up with shout factory why did they stop releasing C.O.P.S
  03-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Shout Factory does release Heathcliff and the other DIC shows, they are safe and have signed now with Vivendi to release their shows.

Sesame Workshop left so Hensons stuff will still see the light of day.

Sony will still own the rights till they expire, if they were smart they should license them back out to someone like BCI, Rhino, Lions Gate or even Shout Factory and make a profit. They moved their other divisions so this is really bad business to leave one of their potential $$$$ in limbo.

What they are doing now is what Loreal and Hallmark did to Filmation, where they own the library and make $0 off it but do not let anyone else have it.
  03-18-2007, 03:59 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
At the Shout Factory forum, they said that Heathcliff will not continue to get released because they didn't sell enough of the first volume.

Hopefully, someone can make a set of Heathcliff and the Cadillac Cats.
  03-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Verified Member

I would assume COPS is the same way, its a shame though as they at least could have done it 100% the first time and it would have been done rather than this volume bs
  03-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Well Mark, it sounds like we need to proceed with our own Heathcliff set after all. We started back in 2005 and then sort of stopped, in anticipation of more releases. Time to look at our stuff again, maybe pick it up again.

03-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Verified Member

I know, I still have a bunch of stuff on the hard drive but its been a while.

Need to start sorting through lists I guess
  03-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
o hell ya.. sounds good to me about you guys making one
  03-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Man that sucks the fat part.
  03-19-2007, 07:59 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DAN_D

According to tvshowsondvd.com, Sony Wonders, the division that handles the distribution of sony animated properties will be closing it's doors, leaving the future dvd releases of Transformers, Jem, and G.I. Joe muddled at best. Here are links to the story:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7039

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070314/...onywonder_dc_1

I guess we may never get a full release for Jem, or especially the Sunbow version of G.I. Joe

We can only hope that BCI makes an attempt to purchase these properties from Sony. Based on their work with HE-MAN and SHE-RA as well as other titles, you can be sure BCI would produce top notch releases for each title they'd accquire from Sony.

Guys, Sony Wonder, the kiddie division is shutting its doors. Sony is still making DVDs. There is a chance that most of the cartoons will just be shifted to a different division. As I think the Sony Wonder label wasn't bringing in enough money.

I think they will still be released

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/