Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-05-2007, 04:49 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Broadcasting & Cable reports that on June 11, the Sci Fi Channel will premiere Ani-Monday, a weekly two-hour block of anime programming. Episodes, films, and other content for the block will be provided by Manga Entertainment, a unit of Starz Media. Starz is the production company behind Sci Fi's original series Painkiller Jane. According to Sci Fi executive vice-president Dave Howe, this block is a part of an overall initiative to redefine Sci Fi as a "lifestyle brand," not just a cable TV channel.

The new block from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. will directly compete with Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. Broadcasting & Cable reports that Adult Swim has averaged 281,000 male viewers aged 18-34 during that time slot during 2007, whereas Sci Fi Channel has averaged 44,000 males aged 18-34 with movies in the same time slot.
  05-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'd rather have classic SciFi-related cartoons during morning hours. Now that would be awesome!

05-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

I'd rather have classic SciFi-related cartoons during morning hours. Now that would be awesome!

Yeah, that would be cool. We have enough anime on all the other channels.
  05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Verified Member

Here's another update

Sci Fi to Air Ghost in the Shell's Solid State Society, Noein, Tokko
Follow-Up: Sci Fi Channel's schedule indicates its Ani-Monday block will premiere with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society on June 11 at 11:00 p.m. ET. As the latest installment of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, this movie moves the story ahead two years after the second series. Bandai Entertainment will sell the movie's DVD on July 3, and Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block will begin airing repeats of the second series on May 13. Noein, Tokko, and Macross Plus will air on June 18 and again on June 25.