Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Thought I'd this into a Spiderman 3 topic.

There's no better way to say it: Spider-Man 3 was huge.

After breaking the opening day box-office record on Friday, Spider-Man 3 shattered the opening weekend record with an estimated $148 million.

Spider-Man 3 broke the record of $135.6 million, set last year by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Spider-Man had the previous record of $114.8, set in 2002.

Spider-Man 3 took in a record $59 million on its opening day Friday, breaking the previous high of $55.8 million for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

According to Variety, Spider-Man 3 brought in $375 million worldwide in its first week.

The film opened in 4,252 theaters on Friday.

Spider-Man 3 marks the fourth comics-based film to open at No. 1 this year, following Ghost Rider, 300 and TMNT.

Of the 15 Marvel movies released since 1998, 12 have opened at No. 1. Spider-Man 3 becomes the 10th Marvel film to take in at least $100 million.
  05-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I liked it, but I don't think it lived up to the hype.

I don't much care for Sandman being made into another Magneto (bad, but not evil),
and Eddie Brock is supposed to be less of a weenie (high school bully, never grew up).
Then again, my Spidey knowledge comes from cartoons, not comics. Maybe I'm wrong?

05-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Verified Member

I could of done without Sandman period. This way they could of focused more on Venom. You only got to see Venom for about 2 seconds at a time.

Then they wasted all that screen time so Peter Parker can show off his dance skills.

I can happily live the rest of my life never to see that film again.
  05-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
I like the movie, but I though they shouldnt have had sand man in there either. I also thought the Venom character should have been focused on more. I wasnt real pleased with some of the things in the end either, but I dont want to give it away for anyone who hasnt seen it.
  05-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I really liked Topher Grace as Eddie Brock, they needed to give more time to developing his hatred for Peter Parker though.

And what was with Gwen Stacey and her father being thrown in there for no reason other than a flash in the pan side story to make Mary Jane jeolous.

I also did not think I would like Harry's Goblin outfit but I found it to be one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time.

We saw it opening night and there was not a seat to be found, I enjoyed it a lot more than X3 I will say that much.

But it did not live it up to the hype, Venom really needed his own movie and not to be "included" in with other characters.
  05-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
The movie was definately better then X3, I thought X3 was a huge dissappointment.
  05-21-2007, 01:31 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I had thought the film was mediocre at best. Pretty flat and ehhh, venom was so nice he might as well of baked cakes for everyone. If you have not seen the film yet, wait for a rental. It is not worth wasting your money at the theater to see
  05-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
i didn't care for it....too much of a love story. The sad thing is they didn't even end up together at the end. There were some funny moments in the movie. And then there were some wtf moments in the movie. It's weird that Sony wants to have Spiderman 4, 5, and 6 made when most of the characters will not be returning. But, if they do end the series at movie 6, there has got to be a Sinister Six plot in the last movie. That would just be awesome.
  05-21-2007, 02:03 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
oh yeah...Black Cat would be nice to see too.
  05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
bruce campbell doing a john cleese was the best bit.
otherwise so-so.
  05-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GreenRanger1

The movie was definately better then X3, I thought X3 was a huge dissappointment.
I agree, X-3 was weak.