Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

05-26-2007, 06:25 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
http://www.animenetwork.co.uk/news.php?selectNewsID=1

ANIME NETWORK UK
ADV Films Brings America’s #1 Anime Channel to UK in New Two-Hour Block on SKY Channel 195, Premiering 3rd June

Houston, TX – May 14, 2007 – Promising to bring UK viewers an edgy fusion of top offerings from America’s #1 Anime Channel, ADV Films and Propeller TV have announced the launch of an Anime Network programming block. The new two-hour block—presented by Sci-Fi Guy extraordinaire Stuart Claw (T4) and manga maven Emma Vieceli (TOKYOPOP UK & Ireland Rising Star of Manga)—debuts on Propeller TV (SKYChannel 195) on 3 June and will air 8:00-10:00pm on Sundays.

Injected with plenty of action, adventure, science fiction and horror, the exciting lineup of animated series includes such favorites as Coyote Ragtime Show, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armour and Elfen Lied, all of which already boast hoards of fans the world over. Today’s news marks the first transatlantic programming deal for Anime Network, wh

“We are undoubtedly thrilled at the opportunity to reach and entertain Propeller TV’s UK viewers through this very cool programming block,” said Stacy Dodson, Anime Network’s Director of Programming. “Propeller already speaks to an audience rife with pop-culture sensibilities, so the lineup we’ve crafted should resonate well.”

Added ADV Films’ Hugh David, who orchestrated the deal: “Anime Network and Propeller TV have a natural synergy that we recognized and tapped into in developing the block. The audience is right. The content is right. The timing couldn’t be better.”

Programming Highlights:

Coyote Ragtime Show – So long, suckers. Say sayonara to Planet Graceland! Insurrection will not be tolerated! And to prove the point, the government has set a big, bad bomb to blast Graceland right out of the sky! Bullets, blades, bombs and busty beauties… if it’s capable of destruction or distraction, it’s fair game in this chilling, thrilling, killing, blood-spilling series!

Neon Genesis Evangelion – The year is 2015, and half of the Earth’s population is dead, victims of the disaster called Second Impact! Answering a summons from his enigmatic father, 14-year-old Shinji Ikari arrives in the rebuilt city of New Tokyo-3 just as a gigantic creature identified as an “Angel” attacks! Forced into the cockpit of a giant bio-mechanical construct known as an Evangelion, Shinji must defend the city from the rampaging Angel or die trying!

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armour – Lurking under the face of everyday life is.

For more information on Propeller TV’s Anime Network block, please visit: www.animenetwork.co.uk.
  05-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Cool for you guys.
I only get the "OnDemand" stuff.
  05-29-2007, 12:46 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
I have to say its about time something like this happens, hopefully the 2hr block becomes succesfull and we get a channel dedicated to anime.