Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I am so pissed! I hate rights issues

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7379
  05-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I hate greeting card companies. I'm still shocked how many toons they own. Hallmark owning He-Man, for example (or at least, at one point in time, owning some portion of the rights).

Multiple rights is the bane of releasing. When you have 18 different bodies with a "yay" or "nay" right, too many cooks in the kitchen, it's a recipe for disaster.

05-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Yes Hallmark and American Greetings are bastards, they sat on the Filmation archives for more than 15 years after getting them from Loreal (the shampoo/cosmetic people)

What strikes me as stupid is that Hallmark/American Greetings licensed out the Care Bears to Jakks Pacific for toys and releases DVD's with no issues (both the DIC and Sunbow versions of the show)

But yet they shoot down Get Along Gang which in essence is the same as Care Bears, only difference being Care Bears was created by another group and Get Along Gang was created by Hallmark or American Greetings (cant remember). So in theory they stood to gain MORE money from this DVD release then the Care Bears one being as they are the original creators?!?

Greed is ridiculous these days when it comes to rights
  05-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
why wouldnt they want the shows on dvd?
  05-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 862 posts since Jun 2005
i bet they don't even have a clue of how much money they would have made off that series i mean people who grew up in the 80'-90' are everywhere most on this forum i guess all of us will just have to storm hallmarks fortress and declare war as long as we have some D&D men and women we should be fine they can do all the heavy combat while the rest of us act as decoys sounds like the start of a good plan who's with me!!!!
  05-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
This stuff is always a problem. Can you imagine the money that would be made if Real Ghostbusters was released on DVD?