Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Tvshowsondvd.com reports that the last version of the Superfriends will be coming to DVD in The Super Powers Team: Galatic Guardians.

The 2 disc set contains 10 episodes and features a new member of the team, Cyborg of Teen Titans fame as they encounter Darkseid, Lex Luthor, The Scarecrow, Bizarro, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and their first encounters with Felix Faust, The Penguin, The Royal Flush Gang, and The Joker.

The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians was produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions and aired on ABC in 1985. The show features the voices of Danny Dark as Superman & Bizarro #1, Adam West as Batman, Casey Kasem (Shaggy from Scooby-Doo, American Top 40) as Robin, Bill Callaway (Professor Keenbean from Richie Rich) as Aquaman, Mark L. Taylor as Firestorm, Jack Angel (G.I. Joe, Voltron) as Hawkman, Samurai, and The Flash, Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, OZ) as Cyborg, B.J. Ward (Scarlett from G.I. Joe) as Wonder Woman, Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime from Transformers) as Felix Faust, and Frank Welker (G.I. Joe, Scooby-Doo, Transformers, Inspector Gadget) as Darkseid, Kalibak, and the Joker.

The 2 disc set also includes a behind the scenes featurette called "Superfriends Redeux: Galatic Guardians".

The box set will be in stores on October 23rd.