07-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
http://alpha.zeros2heroes.com/content/view/32/100/

Quote:
quote:You’ve seen it before: a big entertainment company trying to squeeze out a few more ducats from a classic and much-beloved story. They tart it up, modernize it, stick in a hip new sidekick, then parade the “new and improved” production in front of the fans… who are suitably disgusted.

Naturally, the production bombs and no one can seem to figure out why. But this time, it’s going to be different.

Rainmaker Entertainment is bringing back ReBoot. And they want you –the fans – to help them get it right.

New Writers, New Ideas

Rainmaker wanted to start with a clean slate and approach the story with no preconceptions. They reached out to five undiscovered writers who were looking for their break. These writers were teamed up with Rainmaker’s in-house artists and producers and told to come up with five completely new takes on the ReBoot world.

But only one idea will go into development. This is where you come in.

Starting on July 26th, you’ll be able to read the stories, view the art and review every aspect of their pitch. And – if you’ve got what it takes – you can go head-to-head with the Rainmaker artists by submitting your own work.

Which pitch will be the winner? That’s not up to some high-priced suit at Rainmaker… it’s up to you. So get in there: mix it up with the producers, talk it up with other fans, and get behind the team whose idea is the future of ReBoot.
  07-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 862 posts since Jun 2005
that sounds stupid why don't they just finish where the story left off on the 4th season the ending was a cliff hanger starting from scratch is going to lose my interest and most of the people who were fans of the show and since mainframe is not doing it what the hell i have not seen any good work from mainframe since acceleracers all they have been doing is those stupid barbie movies i mean what has mainframe been up to these last few years well that is enough from me just wanted to have my say
mainframe forever!
  07-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I agree, the thing that gets me is there are interviews were Mainframe has said they know how they want to finish Reboot but other projects are more important.

I guess Mattels money talks because they are contracted for quite some time on making Barbie movies
  08-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
Well, I sure am late into this, but...

While this is a "REBOOT" of ReBoot, I think it's a way to capture new audiences. If the show starts off at the cliffhanger, new people would be unable to see the beginning and etc. It would have to be that Cartoon Network begins to show it again, in a more prime-time place. So I think capturing new audiences is great! If the sales are good, I'm sure they could pick up from where they left off. On top of that, I've read before that they've had a lot of storylines for ReBoot, and that the fourth season was what they had years ago. (weird?) I don't remember where I read it but yeah.

That's my two cents.