Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Early Tuesday morning, Michael Bay posted on his official website that Paramount/DreamWorks' decision to exclusively support HD DVD and not Blu-ray meant he would not be coming back for Transformers 2. Now, he's taking it all back. Here's his new post:

Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three Blu-Ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-Ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD-DVD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!

Michael Bay