Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
This weekend, I went to the live airing/recording of the new "star wars" episode of family guy, that will be airing during season 6.
The show was a blast- got to see the live voice overs- as well as the preview of the episode, several live musical numbers (in character)
and at the end a question/answer session-
I was on the floor level seats, so I grabbed Alex Borsteins autograph, and Seth Green- in which he commented on my Robot Chicken shirt-
and I told him that he needed to write an episode in which Peter fights Robot chicken...
over all it was a great time- and I was thinking I have collected quite a few autographs over the past few years- and was wondering who else around here, has met/grabbed an autograph or had some sort of personalized experience...anyone want to share?

The one thing I will say is it was AMAZING seeing the voice over for Seth Macfarlane.
I have seen a few radio/live broadcasts done- but I didn't realize he did Peter, and Stewie and Brian - there was one section where he literally did a page of text, with the 3 characters, so basically he was holding a three way conversation with himself- and he didn't miss a beat. The voices were accurate- no mistakes - I was really stunned.
Talking in a character, even impersonating takes talent sure- but swapping so fast with ease- literally quite amazing.
  09-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
My last few autographs were waiting in line for pre-arranged sessions:
- James Best (Roscoe P. Coltrane of Dukes fame) - 2007
- Rob Zombie and Sherrie Moon - 2003
- Black Sabbath (Ozzy Osbourne and the original band) - 2002
- Stan Lee - 1993
- lots of baseball players at malls/conventions - late 1980s

I recall ambushing somebody only a few times:
- Adam West was randomly in Dallas one time, about 1987, and I ambushed him in a Ben Franklin drugstore, he signed a piece of notebook paper, all I had on me.
- Senator Bob Dole, when he was running for President in 1996, also in Dallas. Ambushed him after I snuck past the Secret Service (no joke). I have good stories from that day, and photos to prove it. One is of him actually signing the piece of paper I gave him.
- In about 1989, when I saw Bobby Valentine at his namesake restaurant, having dinner with friends. He was, at the time, the long-time coach of the Texas Rangers.
- There was also the time I got to meet the band Tripping Daisy because my sister knew the lead singer from junior high school (not "knew of" but they were friends, rode bikes together and whatnot, they shared some stories, she's got photos). I got autographs on stage before their concert that time. That was in 1995. They were a two-hit wonder: "Piranhas" and "I Got A Girl".

Missed some too:
- Funny enough, I never got an autograph from Jerry Jeff Walker (Texas country music legend). I was in his house, met him, he's got a great pool table. His son Django was in my fraternity.
- Current Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips. He graduated high school with my mom, so I've had the chance a number of times through the years, just never really cared.

Never been big into autographs.

I'd still like one from Nolan Ryan, and then all of "my" Metallica (James,Lars,Jason,Kirk).

Sadly, since I moved, I have no idea where some of these are anymore.

09-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Verified Member

Whats a good way to store them, but keep them available for viewing ??

I was thinking of framing them, but I'm afraid sunlight might damage them-
and I was thinking just a photograph book- but wasn't sure if the ink, would affix to the plastic with temperature..

i only have about 10 but I want to put them all in the same place...

I can't believe you snuck past secret service....or rather I can believe YOU did it---just can't believe it could be done....
  09-18-2007, 02:03 AM

When it came to the Secret Service that day, I had home field advantage. Plus 1996 was different, and it was just a candidate with minimal/moderate security forces in tow. It definitely wasn't a post 9/11 President. We're in a different security climate these days, and it wouldn't have happened now.

In January 1997, I accidentally kicked a Secret Service guy in the face, after climbing onto a port-a-potty to get better photos of Clinton getting sworn in. He pulled on my leg, I lost my balance, and he got shoe leather upside the head. Serves him right for being so physical. He was pissed, but I wasn't in trouble.

I used to store my autographs indoors, away from sunlight, in UV-protective plastic slips. I'll be pissed if I lost my Ozzy/Sabbath autographs.

09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Verified Member

dangnnnnnnnnnn
Shoe to the face of a secret service man....

I can just see the headline

Secret Service chases man up portapotty, news at 11:00

Heh.
  09-19-2007, 03:37 AM

Thinking back, it might have been a plain-clothes DC officer, not SS.
The '96 Texas incident was very much SS.

09-20-2007, 02:21 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I want to see Family Meets King of The Hill Movie lol.

I have this vision of qwagmire chasing Nancy & louLann lol
  10-04-2007, 03:57 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Nov 2006
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano
Family guy meets king of the hill? Is that a wish or is it going to happen? Brilliant if it does