Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bee...ollection/8149

Quote:
quote:Mort Walker's Beetle Bailey cartoon strips have become a newspaper legend, having recently passed its 57th anniversary since the Sept. 1950 launch and having become the third most widely-distributed newspaper comic of all time. From 1962 to 1964, Beetle Bailey and His Friends graced television screens in cartoons from Famous Studios and King Features Syndicate, and are now attached to Hearst Entertainment.

Last year BCI Entertainment struck a deal with Hearst to bring out Beetle and other similar properties in a 50-cartoon package called Animated All-Stars, a super-inexpensive (under $10) two-disc set that contained about 20 cartoons with characters that include Beetle, Sgt. Snorkel, General Halftrack, Lt. Fuzz, Cookie, Otto, Miss Buxley, Private Blips, and Zero.

Now BCI rescues the rest of these cartoons from obscurity! On November 6 they release the 2-DVD package Beetle Bailey - The Complete Collection. All 13 half-hour episodes with all 50 cartoons will be included for just $14.98 SRP! Amazon is taking pre-orders for just $9.99.