Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

10-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Make way for more Yu Gi Oh!! and Pokemon.
4Kids Entertainment, Inc., a global provider of children's entertainment and merchandise licensing, announced today that it has partnered with The CW Network to program its Saturday morning kids block for five years beginning with the 2008-2009 broadcast season. 4Kids will be supplying five hours of children's programming per week to The CW Network for the block, which is broadcast on The CW on Saturday mornings between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. 4Kids will also sell the national commercial advertising in The CW Network's kids block.

"We are delighted to be in business with The CW and secure distribution of 4Kids'content for the next five broadcast seasons," said Alfred R. Kahn, 4Kids Entertainment's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We have had tremendous success over the years collaborating with CW Network partner Warner Bros., to whom we licensed 4Kids' hit TV series and movies such as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! We think The CW's outstanding affiliate lineup and young target demographic make the network a perfect fit for our programming and business initiatives," said Kahn.
  10-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 862 posts since Jun 2005
so does this mean that legion of superheros and the batman are going bye bye and what about the new spider-man series are they even going to give it a chance i have always hated the creators of pokemon for bringing over to the usa because of that spider-man unlimited never got to become a great series
  10-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ty3

so does this mean that legion of superheros and the batman are going bye bye and what about the new spider-man series are they even going to give it a chance i have always hated the creators of pokemon for bringing over to the usa because of that spider-man unlimited never got to become a great series
Yes, I think they are going bye bye!!
  10-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
CRAP! More Brain drain animation!
  10-10-2007, 10:45 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
lol....i actually posted this in the Off-Topic thread....

There is still some hope, Legion, The Batman, Spider-Man still have to be picked up. If KidsWB doesn't go somewhere else there is a chance they could end up on Cartoon Network or another channel.

I actually found some other info regarding what the CW and FOX plan to do:

On October 2, 2007, the network announced that it was ending the Kids' WB block due to the effects of children's advertising limits and cable competition, as of September 2008, in a joint decision between Warner Bros. and CBS, parent companies of The CW. At that time, the programming time will be sold to 4Kids Entertainment. With this deal, in the 2008-2009 season, 4Kids will run two different Saturday morning blocks; their current 4KidsTV block on Fox (a programming agreement which currently runs until 2009), and The CW's children's programming block

So, hopefully the superhero shows will find a good home. I just dont understand why the CW paid big money for the crappiest cartoons on tv.