Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

02-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Warner Home Video will release Batman: Gotham Knight to DVD and Blu-Ray on July 8, the company said today. The title will also be made available on pay-per-view, OnDemand, and for download on the same day.

The 75-minute release will feature such villains as Scarecrow, Killer Croc, and Deadshot in six interlocking stories from scripts by Josh Olson, David S. Goyer, Alan Burnett, Jordan Goldberg, Greg Rucka, and Brian Azzarello, and directed by Shojiro Nishimi, Futoshi Higashide, Hiroshi Morioka, Yasuhiro Aoki and Toshiyuki Kubooka. Animation services are provided by Studio 4șC, Production I.G and Madhouse. Emma Thomas, Michael Uslan, Benjamin Melniker, Toshi Hiruma and Bruce Timm produce.

Extras on the DVD include the documentary "A Mirror for the Bat: The Evil Denizens of Gotham City", a sneak peek at the upcoming original animated movie Wonder Woman, and an audio commentary. The Blue-ray disc and a two-disc DVD special edition release will also include "Batman and Me, A Devotion of Destiny: The Bob Kane Story" and favorite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series selected by Bruce Timm.

Batman: Gotham Knight will be presented in widescreen (1.78:1) aspect and 5.1 Dolgy Surround Stereo with English and Spanish tracks; Spanish subtitles and closed captioning will also be available. The regular DVD will retail for $24.98; the special two-disc DVD for $29.98; and the Blu-ray for $34.99.
  02-27-2008, 03:02 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Sweet.
  02-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I was just looking at a preview. It looks like they did it in anime (ugh)!
  02-29-2008, 01:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

I was just looking at a preview. It looks like they did it in anime (ugh)!
It's cool. I like it.
It's looks way better than that poor excuse of animation that's on WB now. I can't stand the Jackie Chan animation.