Blade TV series coming soon.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=31717
  07-24-2005, 07:30 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
quote:Blade TV Series Coming

Batman Begins screenwriter David S. Goyer told SCI FI Wire that he's producing an hourlong television series based on his Blade movies for Spike TV, to begin airing next June. "We're doing a Blade TV show," Goyer said in an interview at CBS' fall press preview in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his upcoming SF series Threshold. "I'm co-writing the pilot with [comic writer] Geoff Johns, and it's going to be Spike's first dramatic show, and it's going to air next June."

Goyer said that the network has ordered 13 episodes of the new series, which will center on the vampire-killing hero of the Blade films, which Goyer also wrote (he directed the last one, Blade: Trinity). "It'll be Blade, but it's different than the movies, that's all I can say," Goyer said, adding that a new actor will be hired to portray the iconic character, who was played by Wesley Snipes in the movies.

Goyer's a busy man. In addition to being an executive producer on CBS' upcoming alien-invasion series Threshold, he's writing a screenplay for a movie adaptation of DC Comics' classic superhero franchise The Flash. "I'm writing it as we speak," he said. "I'm the co-show runner [on Threshold], so I go back and forth. I was there for about three hours today, then I was working on The Flash, [then] we had a little Batman meeting. I multitask."

The meeting was to discuss the expected sequel to Batman Begins, which Goyer wrote for director Christopher Nolan. As for the sequel, he said simply: "We had a meeting. That's all I can say."