Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Slightly old news, but new to me...

http://superherohype.com/news.php?id=3225

Quote:
quoteavid Goyer on Adapting The Flash
Source: Charles Ramez June 30, 2005

The New York Daily News talked to Batman Begins writer David Goyer about his next gig, the big screen adaptation of The Flash, which he'll write and direct.

"Fans know there's been more than one Flash over the years," Goyer adds. "There's been a lot of speculation and rumor, but both Barry Allen and Wally West will be in this movie."

Goyer is referring to the The Flash's "normal" identity. He started as Jay Garrick in 1940. Allen took over in 1956 and Wallace (introduced as Kid Flash in 1959) in 1986.

"We're going to go into the 'Speed Force' and a lot of the cosmic aspects of the character from the more recent past," Goyer says. "Trust me, we're going to do a lot more than have the Flash run on water and create vortexes.

"I have a guy from M.I.T. helping me with all of this. We're going to be playing with relativity, Doppler effects and all kinds of things like that. Audiences will be amazed."
  07-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Coooooollllll!!!!
  07-24-2005, 08:37 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Rumor is, that Goyer wants Ryan Reynolds to be The Flash because he can handle the comic aspects he wants in the film as well as the action parts.Just picture his portrayal of Hannibal King from Blade 3 with superspeed!!
  07-24-2005, 08:48 PM

"Van Wilder" as the Flash? I guess I could live with that. He's be a good Wally West probably. Although he needs to bleach or dye his hair, red or blonde, cannot be brunette.
  07-25-2005, 07:47 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
LS, have you started upgrading your Flash set? I believe you mentioned something in a post a while back about an upgrade.
  07-25-2005, 08:07 AM

Oh, it's been done for weeks now:
http://www.tvpreservation.com/cartoo...p?TOPIC_ID=435