Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07...s_6129808.html

Konami to punch out Xiaolin Showdown

WB grants Metal Gear Solid publisher multiyear license to make games based on the popular children's show.
Konami today announced that it has secured the gaming rights to Xiaolin Showdown, an animated children's show that airs on the Kids' WB! showcase, from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The multiyear agreement gives Konami the license to create Xiaolin Showdown-based games on multiple gaming platforms.

"Warner Bros.' Xiaolin Showdown has exhibited tremendous momentum since its launch in North America in 2003, and the program has all of the elements to make an exciting video game," said Kazumi Kitaue, chairman and CEO of Konami Digital Entertainment.

In the show, a monk, well-bred in the art of kung fu, travels the globe teaching his three students the ways of his beliefs through action-packed and humorous adventures. The group is tasked with protecting ancient artifacts from Evil Boy Genius and his band of henchmen. For more information on the show, check out TV.com's coverage.