Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-28-2009, 08:24 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
This came out back in May and I jumped on it. Toho has finally given us a nicely restored and uncut version for the Rankin/Bass film "the Last Dinosaur".

Many of you might remember this film as it was a tv release here in the US. Both the tv and every vhs was cut down. Previously the only way to get this title uncut was to find the super rare laserdisc (which I own) or Japanese vhs prints. However though lbx and in english they had burned in Japanese subs

The dvd release is in english or Japanese with removeable Japanese subtitles and a ton of extras, and anamorphic widescreen (true ratio it is not a matted film)

Though it stands to chance Toho might import this one here eventually, but in case they do not, here is a link from cdjapan or just get in touch with me
link:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TDV-19077D