Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

07-10-2006, 07:57 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
I love Flair's work too CP, but you seem to be his # 1 fan, he is great, but you take drinkin' the "Flair Kool-Aide" to a whole new level girl.
  07-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32

Actually I drink from a " Dusty " Well . Flair is a man I love to hate

07-10-2006, 09:29 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
eitherway....it's the same well then
  07-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Technically no Not all well water taste the same .
Some leaves a little after taste in your mouth .

One of these I ll have to invest in purifer . Or good filter
  07-11-2006, 03:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Hulk Friggin Hogan!!!

I was a hulkamaniac as a kid!!

That's right brother, whatcha gonna do?

Me and a few buddies watched Wrestlemania's 5-8 the other night and laughed the whole time.My one buddy hated Hulk Hogan with a passion and didn't stop ragging him the entire night.He was a huge Ultimate Warrior fan, so we exchanged drunken barbs over the duration of the night about the wrestlers.It was a blast...I think...
  07-12-2006, 05:14 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Aah the days when the Ultimate Warrior was still cool. It must be a glaring omission as I haven't seen his name on anyone's top ten list of world champs. lol
  07-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
That was a great joke WEW. Though I will admit Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan was probably one of the best matches I have ever witnessed live (not being there, watching it live on PPV)

Not because it has awesome moves (it did not, I mean its Hogan and Warrior!), but the feeling, the audience intensity, the importance (Title for Title against Hogan of all people), and the ramifications of what happened after make it one of the greatest matches of all time. I mean in the grand scheme of WWF history it was one of the last times WWF could draw over 50,000 people to watch a main event like that.

They had some glory spots here and there with Bret Hart, Stone Cold, and the Rock but after WMIII-WMVII it just was not the same. I mean the gates speak for themselves WM III had 93,000, WMIV and V had 19-20,000, then WM VI and VII had over 40,000-60,000. They would not see those numbers again till Stone Cold was headlining.
  07-12-2006, 06:36 AM

Verified Member

I miss those days of being a mark(no pun intended Mark). At the time that was such a dream match. I was actually legitimately sad that Hulk dropped the belt and passed the symbolic torch to the Warrior. Looking back I was really dumb to even think that Hulk was going to win the IC title. Afterall what would be the point of winning the secondary title if he was already the World champ. I still have my Ultimate Warrior jacket. Kinda funny in retrospect. I used to hate Flair because he was a heel. These days I have so much respect for him as a performer and very little anytime The Warrior(yeah that's Jim Hellwigs legal name) opens his mouth.
  07-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I agree, I watched the Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior and while I dont really agree with a lot of the content it was nice to relive those moments. Having Jim Ross and Lawler just decimate him as a person given their reputations and lack of career highlights was just sickening....especially since Ross was not even employed with WWE during the time the Warrior was the Champ, he was with NWA/WCW and Lawler was with AWA and USWA.

I still get chills up and down my spine when I hear "I am a Real American" because it brings back fond memories of going to the DC Armory every few months and seeing Hogan in person defend the belt, I still have my Hulk teddy bear, Hulkamania Rules T-Shirt and all my program guides which were nothing more than WWF Magazines with a photocopy of the set of matches.

Vince McMahon's ego has ruined wrestling and its a shame that something so simple as actually wrestling has taken such a back seat to the sleazy/soap opera "entertainment" part.

I would pay 3x the normal ticket price to get the feeling of seeing matches like Hart Foundation vs Demolition, the Bulldogs vs the Killer Bees, Hogan vs anybody.

Same went for NWA/WCW I mean I can vividly remember being so pissed off when Lugar beat Flair with the Torture Rack but they disqualified him because he was cut or the time ran out (remember when we had TIME LIMITS). I used to despise Flair because he always found a way to win, and like you William I respect him so much now because of what it took to pull that off. His matches against Race, Rhodes, Lugar, Sting, Funk...all simple but all memorable.

07-12-2006, 07:25 AM

Verified Member

I remember when Luger was hotstuff when he debuted in Florida. All the magazines were touting him as the next Hulk Hogan. I would read and later see the match he had with Flair at one of the Battle of the Belts shows. Man his in ring work was constantly improving until around '93 when it continued to go down hill.

Crockett ran one NWA show in Hawaii with NWA champ Ric Flair vs TV champ Nikita Koloff as the main event. I got to also see the rest of the Horsemen, Barry Windham, Road Warriors, Powers of Pain and Dusty.

Also in 1987 AWA did a show here with Nick Bockwinkel defending the AWA title against Larry Zbyszko, Sherri defending the Women's title and the Midnight Rockers vs Buddy Rose and Doug Summers, Jimmy Snuka vs Col. DeBeers and Rocky Johnson vs Boris Zhukov.

Glad I went to both those shows as neither promotion ever came back again.

Yeah that stopping the match because of blood... I think that was the '88 Bash in Baltimore. Funny since a year later both Flair and Funk bleed and the match wasn't stopped in the same arena. If anyone hasn't seen the '89 Bash it's must see as it's a great show from top to bottom.