09-19-2009, 10:31 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Hey guys, long time no post. I'm looking to get a few recomendations in the sense of DVD media like I had before or better but good prices. Duel layer discs, a new DVD recorder, I'm thinking of the pioneer hx-x and also I need to new DVD rw.

I can't afford much as I don't have a job and it's going to take me a while to save up For it all and start up my collection again, won't b till I'm sorted sometime next year once I got my self sorted.

But for the time being I'm going to slowly pick up a few things tech wise, I won't b recording shows again as I don't have sky and I no longer have my hard drives except one.

Any help b brilliant, maybe lordsmurf can other his wisdom again.
  09-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
What do you want to record with it?
What feature do you need, if any, aside from good quality?
Anything else you need/want to mention?
Budget?
  09-25-2009, 05:21 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
well looking at the pioneer dvd recorder it records and plays all dvd-+R, RW and duel layer. so something that does that and good quailty. I would also like it to play NTSC and pal. cost wise, i only get £100 a fortnight, so money is tight, but i dont mind saving up if its reasonable and i can get it in time. normally £200 is a good price for me.

media for discs, dont mind. so long as its 1st or 2nd decent media, i can get from svp. i use to have the datawrite red, dont mind changing to differnet ones. as due to cost im only buying 50 - 100 disc a month and no more.

dvd rw drives any in the uk thats good to get and covers the duel layers discs, i need to upgrade mine.