Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

11-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Does anyone know how much it will cost for a mac with the final cut studio pro 7 or do i have to buy the program seperate, which looking at £800. looking for prices in the uk, what i need to save up for. appreciate any help.

also does anyone know which formats it takes i.e. mpeg, quicktime, rm e.t.c.
  11-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Most likely you'll have to buy the FCP program separate from the computer. Only a special NLE system from a video company (VideoGuys, for example) would have it pre-loaded. It would basically be the prices added together, you never get discounts or sales on Apple hardware/software.

FCP imports DV, Quicktime, few others. Not MPEG. See program documentation at Apple site for more details.
  11-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
i thought you were to broke for anything. Macs are freakin expensive especially good ones. Need a MBP if laptop and a fast mac pro to run final cut 7 to run FCP right.
  11-25-2009, 01:07 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
oh i am broke, benfits and that lot. just something im thinking of later if i get a job or save up for a year to get one. well im selling all my jap dvds to get one and everything else i can get rid off, need them both if im doing video editing like the pros in the future.
  11-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
o cool ya i like my mac but expensive i went to school for Final Cut Pro. fun stuff but damn expensive.