Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

02-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 89 posts since Aug 2007
Well, I finally got all of the programs that I wanted from my 80 or so Beta tapes captured onto my hard drive. The Panasonic DMR-ES15 really did a superb job processing the video signals, and everything looks great. Thanks so much for recommending it. I know it will come in handy every now and then when I need to transfer a program from tape to PC (and then onto DVD-Rs...eventually..)
  02-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
That's great news!

I recently shifted around my DMR-ES10, so I could use it in another setup, from JVC S-VHS to ES10 to DVD recorder. Using it as frame sync.
  02-21-2010, 11:45 AM

Verified Member

It's still hard to fathom that I can vastly improve the look of a tape I made in 1984, 26 yerars later!
  07-15-2010, 01:29 AM

Verified Member

Gun Crazy was actually on Turner Classic Movies last night! I'm currently capturing my DVR copy in 720X480. Oh.. and I finally figured out why the Search didn't work all this time. A gremlin was adding my email address as my user name. When I substituted my actual user name, it worked fine! 2 years to figure this out. jeez...
  07-15-2010, 05:48 AM

Search works when you're logged in!
  07-15-2010, 10:57 AM

Verified Member

Actually, I was logged in, all those times I tried search. It's just that the Search field, for user name, was self-populating with my email address, when it should have been using my user name kctexan. I don't know why it self-populates in the first place. Kind of like a little kid saying, "Here's the hammer, Dad," and then handing him a screw driver. :>) No biggie!
  07-15-2010, 11:35 AM

The username field in search will only search posts by that person. So don't enter your own username unless you're only wanting to find your own posts. I do this to find my own posts, sometimes, or posts by others (when I know who made it).