Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

09-11-2005, 03:58 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Sorry, I am unfamilar with the SVHS techology. I don't know if you are just talking about a special video tape to use or if you would have to get a different type of VCR.

Regarding my trade problem, the trader has requested that I burn a new copy on Memorex or TDK discs. He feels that his dvd drives can read those discs better than the Fuji TYG02 discs I sent them on. I know it's strange but whatever rocks his boat. Hopefully, I will get the original discs back so that I can check them out.
  09-11-2005, 10:19 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
have a read over at digitalfaq. S-vhs is a vcr which can take vhs and svhs tapes.

The example mark uses, you would use s-vhs vcr with s-vhs tapes.

I've had problems finalising the odd disc on the jvc. Luckily i have two, if it doesn't finalise in one it works in the other, no idea why lol
  09-14-2005, 05:42 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Donkey Kong Champion
Stats: 135 posts since Jun 2005
Every disc I make on my DVD Recorder will only rip to my computer hard drive on my Mad Dog DVD-Rom drive. They will not rip on my computer DVD burner. Most everything else will rip using my burner, but I've had other discs that will not rip with my burner or Mad Dog DVD-Rom. BUT... if I take my Sony DVD-Rom drive home from work, 99.9% of the time the discs that will not rip on my Mad Dog or burner will rip on the Sony. BTW I am ripping using DVDecrypter. It's just weird! I will never fully understand all of it.

Just say no to DirecTV!!!