Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

09-10-2005, 03:04 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
"a computer program that allows you to put 9 episodes that are 45 mins with comericals cut out on 1 disk & still look mint. I know it exists cause my tremors 2 dvd set was made with it and my nowhere man 3 dvd set.
anybody have it ?"

Unless they are dual layer don't see how this is possible.
  09-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Somebody is a retard.
"Look mint" often means "barely better than dog poo" in my experience.
  09-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Bet you 100% they are talking about something like DVD Shrink and dont realize it. Almost 7 hours on a single DVD-5 in mint, only if mint = complete and total garbage. The bitrate needed even if they were doing VCD would still not even allow decent VCD on DVD of 7-9hrs, what a bunch of retards.

Same type of people who take 2 DVD's and smoosh them on the same disc and think its looks good watching it on their cell phone or their PSP

Most high quality VCD files would be around 300mb per 22min so 900mb per hour = DVD5 being 4.4GB would allow at the most in decent looking material around 5hours

Unless its a dual layer disc this person just shows they belong on yahoo will all the othe 8.5-9.0 mongoloids who love crap
  09-11-2005, 01:17 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 184 posts since Jun 2005
What's this obsession with getting as many episodes onto a single dvd as humanly possible? Surely it's not the cost of the blank media? If I am going to spend 7 hours watching TV, which is surely worth more than the cost of a few extra blank discs, I want it to be as perfect as possible! Aaarrrrggghhh, the world is filled with idiots! (present company excluded)

Neuro
  09-11-2005, 01:23 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
Are these "viewable" on a standalone dvd player or is it something i would have to watch in a 3" box on my computer. lol

Could be the super duper 8hr mode on the panny, that ownz yo.
  09-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It's an obsession by profiteers, mostly.
Buying too much blank media cuts into their profits.

Or the space-greedy idiots.
As if a couple extra discs is going to fill the room?