Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

01-26-2010, 09:03 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 10 posts since Jan 2010
Hello,

Need your vast knowledge and insight.

I have many movies and tv shows that have commercials.

I am looking for software to edit out commercials, and create new menus.

Also I would like to combine individual episodes from different discs on to a single disc.

Lastly, I would like to convert many old vhs tapes to dvds.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

thanks very much,

Rocky
  01-26-2010, 11:59 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 211 posts since Dec 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to repeatshistory
Rocky, there are MYRIAD programs available for you to use both in editing, and in compiling discs. The one that I use most often is called Power Producer, and is available at OfficeMax and the like, for about 50-80 dollars most of the time, depending on sale prices and the like. I build a lot of my series dvds on it, as it offers me a lot of options for menu, background music, etc., as well as the ability to edit out commercials, and put as many episodes as I can on a disc for up to six hours, depending on the length of play I choose. Most of the time, I use the high-quality one or two hour settings though, to make sure everything is the best quality it can be. It also has available options for using various hardware to record directly into the computer from your vcr or dvd recorder.

I have also been known to use the Nero video/audio suite of products as well.

Just a couple of things that I use. I know there are TONS of others out there that probably have more or better features, but I've found that these products offer me simple, easy-to-use options that get the job done for what you're talking about.
  01-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This: http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/vid...peg-womble.htm

or this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...-mpeg-381.html

Very easy.
  01-28-2010, 02:26 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 10 posts since Jan 2010
Thanks everyone for the great information.

Top of the line folks at the best site on the globe.

Rocky