10-18-2005, 07:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
I am having a problem playing my new discs the {DV 3211} Datawrite Ricohcode (4x) DVD+R on my dvd player and my Philips dvd recorder.

Now I don't know if its my dvd RW is dying out or the discs not working and i just can't think straight at the moment to figure it out.

When i burn a straight copy of the datwrite disc from another discs, i put it in the dvd recorder and i get unknown disc. But it will play in my computer with no problems.

Its also the same when I author a dvd, the dvd just won't play and i get unknown disc or disc error.

Now with the last of my bullpaq dvd's i have to back up my data, i can sometimes get it to play on dvd recorder with no problems. But within the past few days i get the same problems as well.

About 2 weeks ago, i was able to author a disc and play the bullpaq disc with no problems. Now I get more coasters and the same with my datawrite discs.

I get maybe 1 or 2 out of 5 that plays on my dvd recorder/player. with all 5 will play on my computers dvd player with no problems.

I am getting some new discs again soon, but i need to figure the problem out first so i don't buy dud discs i can't play. I need to figure this out ASAP, to get a few sets completed.
  10-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Sounds like the player and/or recorder is to blame?

To be honest, you mentioned so many items I'm not quite clear on what the problem is.
  10-19-2005, 06:27 AM

Verified Member

-Ok i have tried it out a bit more, now a recent disc i burned on bullpaq works on my dvd recorder.

-I tried a bullpaq dvd i burned a month ago, and played it on my dvd recorder. it worked ok for a bit, but the sound/picture broke up. i then tried it again 1/2 hour later and it works.

-put in a datawrite dvd i recently copied and played it in the dvd recorder. it played for 5 seconds and then stopped and i get a "disc contains unknown data"

-tried past bullpaq on my dvd player, works with no problems. datawrite dvd-don't work, new bullpaq disc burned - don't work.

i am now burning a image with my dvd writer which is a month old and seeing if that will work. - didn't work.

- Tried all 3 discs on my portable dvd player. all of them worked.
  10-19-2005, 09:27 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
This sounds like one of those puzzles; a farmer has a fox, chicken and some grain, how does he get them across the river without them eating each other when the boat can only carry one at a time (Excluding farmer of course)..

Could it be the laser on your dvd recorder?
  10-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Take the chicken first?
  10-19-2005, 06:32 PM

Verified Member

I don't know what it is, hence the post. I am going to buy a new dvd player as that might be what the problem is. I just need a new one.

10-19-2005, 07:02 PM

Verified Member

Yep! take the chicken over first. Come back and take the fox but bring the chicken back with you, take the grain and leave the chicken. Then finally bring the chicken back over again.
  10-20-2005, 01:55 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Can't you just tie them all up and chain them into little cages and seperate them by like 5 feet and go all at once on the yacht?
  10-20-2005, 06:08 AM

Verified Member

well if you're gonna do that, you might as well build a bridge lol