Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

10-29-2005, 02:36 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 184 posts since Jun 2005
I really do need to cut and paste this rant... can't remember how many times I've said it. I just received some really rare stuff that I've been waiting for quite some time... one disc is on CMC media, and surprisingly it worked out this time (unlike other times). But the second disc is a generic silvertop manufacturer ID VDSPMSAB, typically the 200 DVDs for $50 type (or included free with the purchase of a burner). Well, you really DO get what you pay for... and now I'm paying for it! DVD Decryptor keeps giving me read errors, and I've tried it in 4 different burners.

Why do people still buy crap media??? You're wasting other people's time! Please, listen to the professor!
  10-30-2005, 09:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 184 posts since Jun 2005
Such a deal! Both Best Buy and Office Depot have Verbatim 16X DVDs on sale this week, 100 for ~ $35, either DVD+Rs or DVD-Rs. These are MCC manufactured... and I've never had one give me the slightest hint of a problem!
Neuro