06-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I have a few things record TEXAS RISING loved to transfer to dvd are the ports open? Or is dtv like Comcast dvrs you can only record and watch from the dvr itself cant transfer. As I said I have some shows on my mom dvr I don't want to go get to dvd recorder if it will not work .
  06-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Texas Rising is available as MP4. Messing with a DVR is the pits, and I'd only bother when something isn't readily available in a more convenient format.
  06-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Crap...figures.
  06-14-2015, 03:42 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 375 posts since Apr 2011
mp4 is trash
just hook a dvd recorder to the dvr and you can record that way quality wise that is your best bet
  06-14-2015, 08:43 PM

MP4 downloads of primetime network shows are generally superior to DVR recordings or even retail DVDs. The reason is because the resolution is better, and the H.264 bitrate allocation is better than MPEG. Texas Rising is available as a 720p download.

It's all the non-new and new non-primetime (non-common) shows where you need a DVR, retail DVD, etc. Downloads are not available for this "unpopular" content. For example, pretty much anything from Cartoon Network.

Historically, I've been very anti-download, but that was many years ago. Remember that the ultimate goal of collecting is to get the best quality available.
  06-15-2015, 05:51 AM

Verified Member

when it comes t video if it is not a vob or iso file it is not worth having
all the downloaded stuff I have EVER saw has been JUNK the warewolf tv series comes to my mind I have got it in almost ever file format known to man junk EVERY time
same thing with robotech the movie BEFORE I got a dvd of it from you
  06-15-2015, 06:06 AM

Robotech is from the 80s, so I'm not surprised.

Do you mean this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf_%28TV_series%29. That's also from the 80s, and would look terrible.

We're talking apples and oranges here.

I agree, anything pre-2005 looks like crap, and anything non-network and non-primetime from post-2005 looks like crap. You need to DVR or find/buy DVDs for anything else. Only new stuff is excellent, be it from legit sources like iTunes/Amazon/Hulu, or otherwise.

A very few times, you can find an older show in excellent quality, on the official sites like Hulu. Before they encrypted it, I got quite a few great shows from Hulu, like The Munsters Today and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures (cartoon).

Texas Rising is a current 8-part miniseries. It has awesome 720p quality available online.
  06-15-2015, 07:30 AM

Verified Member

yes the link you gave IS the series I was talking about
it aired in 1987 on fox
  06-30-2015, 04:42 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
x264/MKV is the way to go as far as downloading goes.
I wish we could share our private links to get episodes faster including whole VOB files so we can make our sets.
Our own private links and not links from other sites. It might spark some more activity. Don't want to become another downloading site. Members still must be active set creators or traders.

Maybe members can share accounts for cost reasons.
For example, maybe LS and I would share and split the cost of an uploaded.net 1 year membership. We could upload our sets and make them available for download if anybody needs an episode.
Make them private so they don't get taken down.
Give access to the url when needed by a member with a one or two time password.

Other members could do the same.

Just a thought.

I make MKV sets now on DVD-R's just like my old sets, with case, cover & disc art.
I still also make VOB sets too. Sometimes that's just the best way to go in some cases.

Last edited by wayshway; 06-30-2015 at 05:12 AM.