06-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
LS

I think what may be causing some of the issues with the tapes and such is my AIW card. Tried to cap some stuff tonight and the image was flickering and vert. scrolling.

After trying new cables, direct connect, different source, etd. I unplugged the purple input hub from the video card and the black screen in the AIW still jumped and showed occasional static.

TV Tuner caps are just fine. I think the Video input is shot.

What about the AIW 9600 as a replacement?
  06-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
Sounds good to me. Buy it.
Sure it's not just drivers gone bad?
  06-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I'll try drivers first, as it will be a few weeks before I have the $ to get a new card, but I don't think so. It's just started happening and the computer is barely even rebooted. I turned it off and left it off for a bit and back on, same problem. The main reason I think it's hardware is because the TV Tuner is fine and the S-Video and Composite are noisy.