Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

02-20-2006, 07:47 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
i used to love Everybody loves Raymond, BUT its the constant use of the SAME laugh track in every episode. I mean one episode where Deborah goes to a fitness class, and Ray follows her there. And during the whole scene, Ray is acting stupid, not funny stupid but just over the top sickening stupid and the "Audience" is eating it up with belly laughs and constant roaring of laughter. EVERYTHING Ray says is hilarious to the laugh track and for a show I used to love, the laugh track is ruining it

Now another show I am not yet sick of that I still enjoy is M*A*S*H and it has a laugh track as well where everything Alan Aldas character Hawkeye says is funny, not hilarious lughter like Ray gets but a decent laughter, a believeable laughter.

Does anyone notice this or is it jus me??

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  02-21-2006, 04:50 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
I hate laugh tracks on programs. I think i know when i find something funny.

Actually the R2 retail of mash. You can remove the laughter track. Its much nicer!
  02-21-2006, 07:15 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
It was a horrible idea when they instituted the laugh track.Sad thing is most sheeple don't even recoginize it for what it is.I for one don't like the idea of something designed to tell me what is funny, when to laugh, and how hard to laugh.It's beyond contemptable to me personally.It ruined several shows for me.
  02-22-2006, 08:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by weevil6772

It was a horrible idea when they instituted the laugh track.Sad thing is most sheeple don't even recoginize it for what it is.I for one don't like the idea of something designed to tell me what is funny, when to laugh, and how hard to laugh.It's beyond contemptable to me personally.It ruined several shows for me.
Subtle Communism lol...thats what it is. Almost like their conditioning us for something, isnt it?

ha ha haaa
  02-22-2006, 06:03 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 98 posts since Dec 2005
That is one of the great things I liked about Arrested Development, no laugh track, I actually got to decide what I found funny and when to laugh. I know a lot of people hate Friends, but I really like it, but sometimes the laugh track can get very annoying.