06-17-2005, 09:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 241 posts since Jun 2005
thanks.
  06-17-2005, 12:36 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
dvd decrypter-Although its been banned, so you'd better be quick to find a copy online still.
DVD Shrink- Very good at backing up dvds

I know there are many others.

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  06-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Keep DVD2One in mind, it at times can produce better results than dvd shrink especially on episode discs, we have tested this theory out with something like Gundam Seed, shrink makes it block city and dvd2one makes it a smooth rip

What I have on my PC is a trifecta of Decrypter, Shrink, and DVD2One. On the Mac I use Mactheripper, DVDBackup, and Dvd2OneX. I usually use the PC for movies like Gundam F91 and the Mac for episode discs like Gundam Seed
  06-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The general rule is DVD2ONE for movies, DVDSHRINK for episode discs. But as mark pointed out, there are some glaring exceptions to that rule, Gundam Seed was by far the worst.

And for full discs, ones that are complete 7.5GB, you'll have to split.

Or better yet, just buy the set. Many of them are cheap, especially on the first day, you only pay like $5 per disc. And it comes in A+ quality with nice cases/art.

06-21-2005, 05:45 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Thanks Mark, I've been saying this about DVD2One for the last year. It is a great program especially teamed up with AnyDVD.

LS- I sure would like to know where you are buying your commercial DVD sets for $5.00 a disc. I believe I pointed out quite a few instances where that is just not viable. Most sets are retailing for between $50.00 to $110.00 especially at places like amazon.

If you want the best price for commercial DVD releases try Amazon Canada or UK. It amazing the difference in price for the same product.
  06-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I think LS was talking about picking up releases the week they're released. Many times they average $5-$7 per disc for TV sets. That only the first week.

However, deals still abound. Don't forget the DeepDiscountDVD.com coupon good until Saturday. I'm not affiliated with them or anything, it's just a great deal. Wish I had the $$ to order a lot (or a little).

20% off your entire order. (in stock items only)

Coupon Code
SUPERSALE
  06-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Verified Member

Yes he was mainly referring to the week of release price as you just need to look into an ad from the paper to see places like Target and Best Buy offering things for super cheap, just an example

Dawsons Creek Season 4 I scored the week of release at Target for $17 ($30 off retail)
Dukes of Hazzard Season 2 I scored the week of release for around $22 at Walmart
Simpsons Season 3,4,5 I got for under $25 each at Best Buy the week of release
Fat Albert Season 1 Vol 1 I got for around $12 at Easter time from Target, the holiday special was about $4 at Walmart
NYPD Blue Season 1 was $17 at Walmart when the Series Finale aired on the air

There are many more examples but I think thats what LS was getting at Marcus, NOT the series like Star Trek which even on sale dip to maybe $89.99-95, or anime which on sale would be maybe $21.99 instead of $25-30 lol

But there is a growing trend of people wanting to rip things like Rambo the animated series which is serious $7-9 per volume at Walmart/Target, etc or the 80's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which is at Walmart for around $8 and deepdiscountdvd shipped for $9.82
  06-21-2005, 06:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Best Buy even recently had the X-Files Season sets (normally $100) for $49 each.

Every time a new FRIENDS Season is released, they discount previous seasons down to as low as $12-$15.
  06-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Guys, it must be great living where you are at. I regularly scour the ads of Target, Walmart,Shopko, Best Buy here and never see these specials. My stepson works at Shopko in the electronics dept part-time and tries to keep a look out for me. They never give us these kinds of breaks.
  06-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Verified Member

Shopko is one of the most expensive stores in the US, often 10-20% above most other stores.

Its not a regional thing for the most part, most of the time its not in the Sunday ads either (With Walmart its almost a guarantee, you have to go into the store to see the deal), its online that they announce the deals. Also not all Walmarts participate but if its a Supercenter it usually does. Also check for ads in midweek, for instance Dawsons Creek for $17 was a Tuesday only deal, same with the Southpark sets for $15 each

I am not sure what the Pacific Northwest and West Coast does but I know East Coast its Walmart/Target/Circuit City that offer the best deals, Midwest and South have Best Buy, Target and Walmart

Also its common knowledge that Best Buy LOVES doing group buys, meaning if its a say 3rd season almost 99% of the time they will take $10 off the previous seasons if you buy them together. They did this with Simpsons, Stargate, Star Trek, Dawsons Creek, and many other multi season sets. Check the big tables near the DVD aisle, they often move them out of the aisle to a big table somewhere around the store to space it out and get you to buy more at once, been that way for 3 years now. Have several friends that work in the MD and IA Best Buy and its done that way so you make an impulse buy
  06-30-2005, 01:44 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 147 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by allaboutduncan

Best Buy even recently had the X-Files Season sets (normally $100) for $49 each.

Every time a new FRIENDS Season is released, they discount previous seasons down to as low as $12-$15.
I picked them all up for that great price.