Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

03-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
i did try looking around for help on this but couldn't quite find what i was looking for.

and since a couple of people here use ulead's dvdws, i thought i'd ask on this board.

basically, how do get auto chaptering done in dvdws?

now, i know there is one option, where the application runs through the entire mpeg and creates what it thinks is the appropriate bookmark/chapter points.

however, when i do this i end up with 64743237 chapters! okay so i exaggerated.

what i prefer is to have a bookmark/chapter, say every 3 minutes ala dvd lab pro where you can state the chapter time intervals.

is there a way to do this in dvdws?
  03-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Yes.

- Go into the EDIT tab (top of screen).

- Now double click on your video in the assets "timeline" at the bottom of the screen. The video clip should now be in the main preview window. There is a slider bar under the video that you can move back and forth. There should also be an "add chapter" button (look for a + sign) directly right of the slider bar. Click on it to add a chapter at the nearest available I-frame (chapters can ONLY be added on I-frames on any DVD, even professional ones).

- Or you can do auto chapters every 3 minutes. Click on auto add chapters, and then select "by fixed interval" on the button drop-down. This is only available in the most updated DVDWS2 version, which is like 2.2 right now.

03-14-2006, 11:52 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
The latest version is 2.232 which includes support for Dual-Layer burning. It looks like it hasn't been updated since 7/05
  03-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
ls - yes i did try method 1, ie moving the timeline and then adding the chapter. found this a bit cumbersome.

method 2 seems to be the one i wanted.

ta boyos. will try this when i get home.