Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

04-18-2006, 09:41 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
I am currently working on a tv series that I am running though a color corrector because it looks rather bland on TV. I am transferring to a set top Pioneer recorder and when I get the color set up for TV it looks so much better than the initial footage.

Here is the issue, after the transfer when I rip the DVD to my HD and watch it on my computer, it has a reddish hue to it, BUT if I watch the footage in it's original form it looks perfect on the monitor and bland on the TV.

Now when I watch other movies on my TV and then watch the same movie on my computer it looks the same on either....so I am kinda at a loss as why the color difference between the 2 when the footage is run through the color corrector.

04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Computer monitor use a different colorspace and gamma curve than tv sets. Just ignore the computer. This assumes your tv is not out of whack, and you can get the same results on several tv sets, not just your one.
  04-18-2006, 02:19 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
I kinda figured that, I checked the disks on several TV's after I posted, and they look fine. I figured it had something to do with the monitor