Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

06-05-2006, 06:02 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 148 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Orko2k
Hi Peeps,
I have just bought a new Samsung LCD High Definition TV and all is great apart from one thing. The Contrast seems to fade in and out all the time. Is there anything I can do about this apart from changing the contrast on the TV?

Thanks JAMIE...
  06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Does it fade on everything or just certain channels or inputs?

It could be the cables, not being secured or being damaged. If possible could you explain more when it is happening?

I do know the HD sets tend to show non-HD things worse (meaning if you are trying to watch analog the HD set will make it look crappy)

So I guess to make a long question short does this happen on HD specific channels as well?
  06-11-2006, 12:32 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 148 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Orko2k
Hi Mate,
Thanks for replying but I have fixed the problem now. I tried everything on the contrast part of the menu, however I found another contrast setting under another sub heading. It was entitled Dynamic Contrast: On or Off. When I changed this all the problems went away. Thanks for trying to help though. I appreciate it.
I been been flat out since returning from my holiday doing home inprovements and has cost me loads. Hence the new nice TV. But now I am ready to go again if you still want to trade for animated fraggle etc.. just let me know.
Also, to everyone else I am currently working on what I owe everyone, so If you could just bare with me as I am trying to get things out as soon as I can.

Thanks JAMIE...